weight reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight reduction

When swapping out my buddy's downpipe/testpipe & swapping in his cat. (for his annual smog test) today I decided to weigh them. 14lbs heavier is the stock downpipe/cat. compared to the CM downpipe/testpipe. That's quite a difference. Makes me wish I would have weighed the entire stock exhaust & my CM 3" when I installed it. That cat is quite heavy it appears.

378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

mark86t wrote: When swapping out my buddy's downpipe/testpipe & swapping in his cat. (for his annual smog test) today I decided to weigh them. 14lbs heavier is the stock downpipe/cat. compared to the CM downpipe/testpipe. That's quite a difference. Makes me wish I would have weighed the entire stock exhaust & my CM 3" when I installed it. That cat is quite heavy it appears.

Makes perfect sense. Think about how heavy the entire stock exhaust system is on the Z32. 2 of everything.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I compared a twin tube aftermarket mid pipe to the stock non-turbo mid pipe on my 87na.... the stock one was one bigger pipe with heat shielding and it was a good double the weight

so lesson being yea the exhaust is heavy, and the cat itself isn't that bad actually

Comment

Yes it weighs a lot. But also remember that it is virtually the lowest point on the car. 14lbs off of the roof would be a much bigger deal (unless all you care about is drag racing).
        My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
        My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
        207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

also keep in mind that you a used cat is going to weigh a lot more if it has any shit clogging it up
          Funny stories!

Comment

mark86t wrote: Makes me wish I would have weighed the entire stock exhaust & my CM 3" when I installed it. That cat is quite heavy it appears.
            I did. 15.8lbs lighter overall. I think I posted it a long time ago.

Stock 86T compared to 3" CM with test pipe and single tip magnaflow.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
              Originally posted by mark86t
              Makes me wish I would have weighed the entire stock exhaust & my CM 3" when I installed it. That cat is quite heavy it appears.
              I did. 15.8lbs lighter overall. I think I posted it a long time ago.

Stock 86T compared to 3" CM with test pipe and single tip magnaflow.
              I shoulda known one of you guys weighed it already. lol
              378whp 445wtq
              http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Working...
              X