my 85t cv shaft break in haft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 85t cv shaft break in haft

85_ZXT wrote: why? ang what causing that? i heard car was i bad noise when i do acelerat b4 i 1 day i try to lauch hard after that car cant drive get it tow home i found out right side axle was busted
    Congratulations. You have found the weak link in the z31! Its most likley your axle stub. you must be putting down some power to do that.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

i have one off an 84 t with 96k miles on it.
    located in CA

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
      Originally posted by 85_ZXT
      why? ang what causing that? i heard car was i bad noise when i do acelerat b4 i 1 day i try to lauch hard after that car cant drive get it tow home i found out right side axle was busted
      Congratulations. You have found the weak link in the z31! Its most likley your axle stub. you must be putting down some power to do that.
      or they were F#@@ed up

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Yeah, I bet it was just wore out. Were the boots intact (likely not). While you are at it, check the other side.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
          Originally posted by 85_ZXT
          why? ang what causing that? i heard car was i bad noise when i do acelerat b4 i 1 day i try to lauch hard after that car cant drive get it tow home i found out right side axle was busted
          a friend of mine with a STOCK 87T actually snapped an axle.. the strange part is, it was the shaft itself that snapped, its not like the CV broke apart.. very strange.. i guess they can get fatigued over time? maybe there was extra stress being put on it somehow?

Comment

Oh, so he means the actual CV shaft broke! damn! Ok I could see that being from wear or just a flawed part.

Comment

SATAN wrote: Oh, so he means the actual CV shaft broke! damn! Ok I could see that being from wear or just a flawed part.
              who knows what he meant

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
                Originally posted by SATAN
                Oh, so he means the actual CV shaft broke! damn! Ok I could see that being from wear or just a flawed part.
                who knows what he meant
                Indeed... two separate things that people seem to not distinguish between for some reason. He did say CV though.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote: [quote=Chris86NA2T]
                  Originally posted by SATAN
                  who knows what he meant
                  Indeed... two separate things that people seem to not distinguish between for some reason. He did say CV though.
                  Actually he just said "right side axle was busted". But I understand what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                  X