EBC hookup with HKS external WG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC hookup with HKS external WG

I have one of the older Greddy electronic boost controllers that say IN and OUT on the black box. What is the best way to hook it up to my external wastegate. I've heard different ways so I just wanna see which is the best. Is it better to use the top and side ports on the external wastegate or just one?
    Shiro #443

On my HKS 40mm External wastegate I would only use the top port which is connectedt to the EBC solenoid.

Comment

for the gain to work if so equipped, it must be hooked up like this..

The black line can be hooked up to the pressure nipple on the compressor housing if you have one. In our case we had a GT3071R that didn't have one so I went with the intake manifold for a source.

Use both lines/nipples for the EBC!

The diagram is something I made to show some SRT-4 owners how to hook up their ebc with a large turbo kit.

I have a dyno sheet showing the difference from using the gain and hold boost features.
      Gone - 1988 Shiro
      2004 BMW 330Ci
      2005 BMW 330i
      1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
      http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Thanks for the info NIVO but my newer Greddy profec B type-S has the solenoid that you show in the pic but the older one in my SS only has 2 ports marked IN and OUT. Which would they be connected to? Normally the IN goes to the compressor housing nipple and the out to the top of the external wastegate but I want to run it something like you show in the pic.
        Shiro #443

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: Thanks for the info NIVO but my newer Greddy profec B type-S has the solenoid that you show in the pic but the older one in my SS only has 2 ports marked IN and OUT. Which would they be connected to? Normally the IN goes to the compressor housing nipple and the out to the top of the external wastegate but I want to run it something like you show in the pic.
          oh, the older style?

run it to the side port on the wastegate.
          Gone - 1988 Shiro
          2004 BMW 330Ci
          2005 BMW 330i

Comment

Which one to the side port?
            Shiro #443

Comment

It depends on how you have the pots set up on the back of the control box / boost controller. I cant remember how mine are set. I have a line coming out of the turbo, then it tee's off and one side goes to the IN of the solenoid and the other goes to the bottom port on the gate. then I have a line coming off of the top of the gate and going to the OUT of the solenoid box.

Gate see's boost on both sides of diaphram until boost controller kicks in and then it completely opens the top hose and vents it causing the waste gate to pop open.

Yes, I have the older one too. Translucent blue, no digital anything. If you look on the back of the controller part there are a set of 4 pot switches that have to be set a certain way in order for different wastegate setups. If you need me to I can go down and look at mine to see how it is set up.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

like satan said you can do it both ways, i just realized that you have the greddy profec B (blue, non digital)
                Gone - 1988 Shiro
                2004 BMW 330Ci
                2005 BMW 330i

Comment

Just found this website that shows how to hook it up. Is this how you have yours set up?

The one I have is the PRofec B spec in the pics.

http://www.fd3s.net/profec_install.html
                  Shiro #443

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: Just found this website that shows how to hook it up. Is this how you have yours set up?

The one I have is the PRofec B spec in the pics.

http://www.fd3s.net/profec_install.html
                    Yup that is pretty much how I have mine set up. Excetp I have a Tee coming off of the compressor instead of one line off of the compressor and one off of the intake manifold. But its pretty much the same way.

And yes, that is the same BC that I have. Profec b not the a-spec
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X