No announcement yet.

Engine rebuild time soon... 500whp :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chronic wrote: Off topic...but your girlfriend sounds like a very good lady friend to have around...

I envy you! I wish mine was ...the slightest bit interested in cars.
    yeah, i love my gf.. she drag races the car too
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

RBs are boring, your woman is smart :P
      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

NIVO wrote: any year VG33 or am I to look for a specific one?
        It doesn't matter, all you need is the block.
        Only differences I am aware of (as far as the block is concerned) is that some have the oil feed already drilled and some don't, and some have an oil check valve already inserted in the block and some don't.
        imagination is a virtue

Comment

ok cool, just sourced out a VG33E for $650, what next?
          Gone - 1988 Shiro
          2004 BMW 330Ci
          2005 BMW 330i

Comment

bit high, but how about getting to work on custom manifolds and plenum?

Comment

G-E wrote: bit high, but how about getting to work on custom manifolds and plenum?
              hmm, locally there is no $300 VG33E's at all... everything is usualy $800+ in the northeast...

custom manifold and plenum is the easy stuff...
              Gone - 1988 Shiro
              2004 BMW 330Ci
              2005 BMW 330i

Comment

NIVO wrote: ok cool, just sourced out a VG33E for $650, what next?
                Now you bore it .060 over to make a VG34E! :lol:

Comment

[quote]Elliott wrote:
                  Originally posted by NIVO
                  hmm. stroke it bore it?
                  Gone - 1988 Shiro
                  2004 BMW 330Ci
                  2005 BMW 330i

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
                    yeah i have read over the yrs plenty of Z31 crap.

not many people write much about the work that was done. where the heads were ported etc..

I know i am going to be looking for all the internals soon. I have quite a few parts already priced out from the distributor.

not sure how much i will get out of it but i know i want more then 450whp since our neon was close to that on stock motor for 2 years.
                    well you could also get a custom crank made and lose two cylinders to be a 2L v4 with a standalone, reverse the intake and exhaust ports and have a turbo mounted front and center with the downpipe shooting down the driver's side, split intake wouldn't be a problem with map based ecu....
                    Holy crap batman, i have been drawing up plans for that type of V build for a while. (dead serious) Not V4 tho

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

[quote]NIVO wrote: [quote=Elliott]

hmm. stroke it bore it?
                      Well, if you're doing this the RIGHT way, of course do both. Man really all the simple stuff like head work, cams, valves, worked manifolds, big turbo, and a decent tune. It's not really rocket science to say what you need, its just a matter of YOU deciding which flavor you want of each and matching that with your wallet.
                      Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                      tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                      545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

[quote]MrwassmanNA2T wrote: [quote=G-E]
                        yeah i have read over the yrs plenty of Z31 crap.

not many people write much about the work that was done. where the heads were ported etc..

I know i am going to be looking for all the internals soon. I have quite a few parts already priced out from the distributor.

not sure how much i will get out of it but i know i want more then 450whp since our neon was close to that on stock motor for 2 years.
                        well you could also get a custom crank made and lose two cylinders to be a 2L v4 with a standalone, reverse the intake and exhaust ports and have a turbo mounted front and center with the downpipe shooting down the driver's side, split intake wouldn't be a problem with map based ecu....
                        Holy crap batman, i have been drawing up plans for that type of V build for a while. (dead serious) Not V4 tho
                        personally I always wondered why no one ever tried to design a motor like that considering how bad the normal crossover manifold system is.... likewise for intake which a dual intake is not a bad idea and z32 is proof of that, but since the intake doesn't need a downpipe going anywhere merging them for an airflow based ecu isn't hard either

question then becomes, can the intake port be ported enough to exhaust adequately, getting a larger sodium filled valve for the new exhaust port shouldn't be difficult to obtain, at worst it'll cost more

Comment

Bore it to 3.4 then desroke it to 3.0.
                          10k rpm vg hotness :twisted:
                          imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: Bore it to 3.4 then desroke it to 3.0.
                            lol!!!
                            A car buddy of mine suggested that exact idea to me the other day when I brought up my plans for a VG34 build.

Comment

[quote]cheezmonta wrote:
                              Originally posted by craZed
                              Bore it to 3.4 then desroke it to 3.0.
                              lol!!!
                              A car buddy of mine suggested that exact idea to me the other day when I brought up my plans for a VG34 build.
                              funny you would say that since i have been talking to some guys and a few suggested to use rpm and large turbo for big power on the top end.

I can get the pauter rods for cost, custom pistons for cost and coated, and all REV valve top end items (custom/oversized). and all other misc. items, all in all for a 1000+whp engine and the ability to rev high.

This week i'm going to start purchasing items for the car.
                              Gone - 1988 Shiro
                              2004 BMW 330Ci
                              2005 BMW 330i

Comment

Anyone know what the cylinder wall thickness would be if you bored the VG33 .60 over??

I am little weary of boring it that much considering I plan on putting down alot of power I think id rather have the thicker cylinder walls instead of the extra displacement. Anyone have any input on this???

Thanks in advance
                                1985 300zx
                                VG33 PT-76 project taking shape

Comment

Working...
                                X