Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine rebuild time soon... 500whp :)

maybe 500whp on pump

anyone have some pointers that have done it to the VG30ET.
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

NIVO wrote: maybe 500whp on pump

anyone have some pointers that have done it to the VG30ET.
    Read Jason's writeups? His is sitting at ~500 RWHP now as I'm sure you know.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

yeah i have read over the yrs plenty of Z31 crap.

not many people write much about the work that was done. where the heads were ported etc..

I know i am going to be looking for all the internals soon. I have quite a few parts already priced out from the distributor.

not sure how much i will get out of it but i know i want more then 450whp since our neon was close to that on stock motor for 2 years.
      Gone - 1988 Shiro
      2004 BMW 330Ci
      2005 BMW 330i

Comment

NIVO wrote: yeah i have read over the yrs plenty of Z31 crap.

not many people write much about the work that was done. where the heads were ported etc..

I know i am going to be looking for all the internals soon. I have quite a few parts already priced out from the distributor.

not sure how much i will get out of it but i know i want more then 450whp since our neon was close to that on stock motor for 2 years.
        well you could also get a custom crank made and lose two cylinders to be a 2L v4 with a standalone, reverse the intake and exhaust ports and have a turbo mounted front and center with the downpipe shooting down the driver's side, split intake wouldn't be a problem with map based ecu....

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
          Originally posted by NIVO

well you could also get a custom crank made and lose two cylinders to be a 2L v4 with a standalone, reverse the intake and exhaust ports and have a turbo mounted front and center with the downpipe shooting down the driver's side, split intake wouldn't be a problem with map based ecu....
          YEA!! Being unique FTW.
          1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

If you can get 450rwhp out of a Neon of all cars, then a Z31 is going to be a walk in the park for you lol
            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

The neon is a 2003 SRT-4. all it needed was a larger turbo and fuel. the car ran on an emanage system with the Profec E01 ebc..

we just built the motor on the SRT-4 to get over 700whp out of it.

Our neon can be seen here : http://www.srtgurl.com

I just want to see what you guys have done, well the guys who have built their engines.... since we all know we have lots of options. I was pondering the idea of an RB swap but I want to keep it somewhat original since it is an SS.

VG33ET?
              Gone - 1988 Shiro
              2004 BMW 330Ci
              2005 BMW 330i

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
                Originally posted by NIVO

thanks, i expected no less from any z31 forum.
                Gone - 1988 Shiro
                2004 BMW 330Ci
                2005 BMW 330i

Comment

NIVO wrote: yeah i have read over the yrs plenty of Z31 crap.

If you want that much hp, go with a vg33. Yes, you should have the heads and intake ported, a nice big turbo, and custom manifolds would be nice.
                  Chuck Stong
                  300+ Parts and Performance owner
                  http://www.300-plus.com
                  2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

whats wrong with pushin 500whp on a vg30?
                    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

Black 89Turbo wrote: whats wrong with pushin 500whp on a vg30?
                      Nothing wrong with that at all.
                      VG33 will just allow a nicer powerband thanks to the extra displacement

NIVO whats your budget?
                      2005 whore magnet

Comment

[quote]SteveZ31 wrote:
                        Originally posted by Black 89Turbo

NIVO whats your budget?
                        seems like the going thing is the VG33ET.

My budget? hmm.. I think I can get a VG33 Do internals, get the heads done, some cams, fuel system, clutch etc.. etc... any year VG33 or am I to look for a specific one? I was out of the Z scene for some time and back then there was only steve m. with his '84 Z reppin the VG33ET.

GF talked me out of getting an RB and building the VG or any VG

I get things at cost since we have some sponsors here and there for the SRT

as long as i can pass this on pump i am good

Our SRT-4 on 25psi on GT3071R.

Gone - 1988 Shiro
                        2004 BMW 330Ci
                        2005 BMW 330i

Comment

[quote]NIVO wrote: [quote=SteveZ31]
                          Originally posted by Black 89Turbo

NIVO whats your budget?
                          seems like the going thing is the VG33ET.

My budget? hmm.. I think I can get a VG33 Do internals, get the heads done, some cams, fuel system, clutch etc.. etc... any year VG33 or am I to look for a specific one? I was out of the Z scene for some time and back then there was only steve m. with his '84 Z reppin the VG33ET.

GF talked me out of getting an RB and building the VG or any VG

I get things at cost since we have some sponsors here and there for the SRT

as long as i can pass this on pump i am good

Our SRT-4 on 25psi on GT3071R.

Very nice...I've always liked the srt's. Very nice cars for what they are
                          Precision Pt-6176
                          Tubular turbo manifold
                          Z32TT Pump
                          450cc DSM injectors
                          MGP intake
                          60mm TB
                          44mm ext. wastegate
                          P&P Heads
                          1mm oversize Ferrea valves
                          Shneider cams
                          3"in/out FMIC
                          TurboXS RFL BOV
                          3" turbo back
                          Adj. cam gears
                          E-Fan
                          Iridium Plugs & Wires
                          Romulator
                          Lm-1 Wideband

Not quite together yet...but progressing

Comment

stock for stock the stock srt smokes my Z .

that power was made on the stock motor of the SRT-4. It is a very stout 4 cylinder. I just put a turbo kit on it, return line, pump, clutch, injectors, FMIC, and emanage with e01. on the street it had 380whp and weighs in at 2,948 lbs. with driver.

The GF loves her Neons being that she was into them since they came out in 1995 when it said HI to her. she has owned every single bodystyle...a 1995 a 2000 and then the 2003 SRT-4.

I was never a Neon fan Until i worked on our SRT-4, then i loved the power and how strong the stock clutch, axles and tranny are. we still run stock axles.

either way I want 500whp..
                            Gone - 1988 Shiro
                            2004 BMW 330Ci
                            2005 BMW 330i

Comment

Off topic...but your girlfriend sounds like a very good lady friend to have around...

I envy you! I wish mine was ...the slightest bit interested in cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X