Got some manifolds made for a few guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some manifolds made for a few guys

Mine is the old looking one on the far right, The others are members on the board. I'll let them chime in if they want. . Some people like to keep their stuff a secret so... They all have PM's so they know which ones are theirs I still have to weld on a wastegate on the one next to mine for the customer.

85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

How much $ ? Does it fit the stock crossover pipe?
    Shiro #443

Comment

why the triple pie-cut angle at the flange? can't it be done with 1 arc ? or do you just not have the right size bend for it?

Comment

G-E wrote: why the triple pie-cut angle at the flange? can't it be done with 1 arc ? or do you just not have the right size bend for it?
        I suppose it could be done with one arc but then I would have to put the bend at an angle to the main log because the turbo sits about 1/2" to the left of the main log so it has to jog over slightly before it goes up, otherwise it sits too close to the cam gear. But one larger radius bend could work which probably wouldnt create any flow loss over what is allready there, but you are right, I only have one radius available.

Oh, I charge 500 for a manifold with out a waste gate flange and then another 100+ on top of that for one with a waste gate flange (depends on how much the flange is that you want). Customer pays the difference in the waste gate flange that they want (some are pretty expensive). No less than 100 extra for the waste gate flange though. I also do these in my spare time so some times I can get them out in about two to three weeks and other times I cant do them for a while. This is why I dont own my own shop, not enough time. :roll:
        and yes it fits the stock cross over pipe.

Comment

then might I suggest starting the tilt earlier.... make the whole log at an angle to the head so by the time it's at the turbo you've already got the extra inches.... the increase in port length shouldn't matter much, and if you used bends for each runner to merge more smoothly it would actually work very nicely

how close is all of this compared to the stock ID ?

Comment

G-E wrote: then might I suggest starting the tilt earlier.... make the whole log at an angle to the head so by the time it's at the turbo you've already got the extra inches.... the increase in port length shouldn't matter much, and if you used bends for each runner to merge more smoothly it would actually work very nicely

how close is all of this compared to the stock ID ?
            Yes, I agree with that. However this is just somthing I made for my car and people said "Hey, can you make me one of those?" So I said, sure. I would have to go and get some larger radius pipes from mcmastecarr or someplace like that. The ones I get are local to me so I can just run down and pick them up whenever I need them. That does sound like a good idea though. Maybe next time I do some I will look into getting some longer radius pipes.

What did you mean by how close is all of this compared to the stock ID? You mean like the log size or the runner size or what exactly? The log size is 2 1/8 (54mm)" ID and the runner size is 1 5/8"(41mm) ID.

The reason I made mine so close to the head is because I run a 4" down pipe so I needed to leave room for it to go through. But for those just running a 3" I could do the angled log like you mention GE.

Comment

Fuck that whole "jesus built my hotrod" stuff, SATAN built my hotrod

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Fuck that whole "jesus built my hotrod" stuff, SATAN built my hotrod
                Or the Cake song, "Satan is my motor" LOL

Comment

would it work to have the flange that meets up with the turbo at an angle instead of level with the ground? would that allow you to stem off of the log with just a single radius? I can't picture the effect on the ideal location of the waste gate if you do that tho but just thought of that.

Comment

/me declines comment
                    "If you don't hold it....you don't own it"

Comment

you'll always have the pros and cons coming out on a thread like this, nevertheless great work for doing it on your spare time and providing your services to select few on here.
                      Gone - 1988 Shiro
                      2004 BMW 330Ci
                      2005 BMW 330i
                      1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                      http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Them are nice!!
                        89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                        87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                        07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

Oh i'm not bothered by what people have to say at all. I know there is always gonna be sombody that has a different idea on how to do it. Thats why I post things like this up. I dont always see everything that there is to be seen. That and it is ALWAYS good to get other people's input.

Thanks for the compliments and the advice guys!

Comment

I was so impressed I dreamed about it. Then this girl came into the dream and well you know. If I ever get $600+ that isn't already spoken for I want one

Comment

Very nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X