injector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector question

I am going to be swaping out my injectors tomarrow and had a couple of questions. Do the new seals go in dry or do you use something to lube them before install. What has to be done to put dual/side feed injectors and rails on an 86 with top feed injectors.
    Thanks Andrew
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

You should mention what year the injectors are from because the 88-89 dual side feed injectors are high impedance where as all the other years are low.

But anyway, I just put my seals on dry...Cleaned everything up and it was good I guess.

Comment

are your top feed injectors for a turbo car or na? and why are you switching to side feed injectors?

Comment

you should mention what year the injectors are from because the 88-89 dual side feed injectors are high impedance where as all the other years are low.
        thanks , i know that . only need to know about fitment on the 84-86 lower intake
        86na2t + holset

feedback
        viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

Comment

i put lithium grease on mine.

Comment

gardner86zx wrote:
            you should mention what year the injectors are from because the 88-89 dual side feed injectors are high impedance where as all the other years are low.
            thanks , i know that . only need to know about fitment on the 84-86 lower intake
            The only problem you could encounter is with side clearance of the little black spacers. I cant recall witch combination will interfere.
            It will be obvious when you get there if you have the wrong combo, but it is simple to remedy. Just remove any extra material via rubbing on the concrete or a grinder.

Edit: actually just use the spacers from your lower manifold and you will be fine.
            imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
            X