Supra injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supra injectors

Does anyone have any clue if the injectors off of a supra turbo will work on a Z31?

That depends on how determined you are :wink:
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

What flow are they and at what pressure? What impedence are they? Can you make them physically fit in there. Then I'd say yes or no.
      http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Not sure about the impedance but heres some specs:

1987-'92 Supra Turbo
        Peak and Hold
        440cc

1993-up Supra Twin-Turbo
        Peak and Hold
        550cc
        " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
        LaterZ

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: Not sure about the impedance but heres some specs:

1987-'92 Supra Turbo
          Peak and Hold
          440cc

1993-up Supra Twin-Turbo
          Peak and Hold
          550cc
          Damn! no wonder why you can make a decent amount of power on the mkIII and the mkIV. They came with huge fuel systems for lots of room to grow.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

a friend of mine used the 440cc from the 3rd gen supra. the connector is different so if you do use them you have to splice in the supra injector plugs. these injectors are not worth it because for less money you can get 450cc DSM injectors from a turbo AWD talon with a manual tranny.. be sure to get the ones with blue tops on them... these injectors have the same plug connector as the nissan.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
              Originally posted by RedBeauty84ZX
              Not sure about the impedance but heres some specs:

1987-'92 Supra Turbo
              Peak and Hold
              440cc

1993-up Supra Twin-Turbo
              Peak and Hold
              550cc
              Damn! no wonder why you can make a decent amount of power on the mkIII and the mkIV. They came with huge fuel systems for lots of room to grow.
              Yeah Toyota used bigger injectors and turbos in the MKIII and MKIV then Nissan did in the Z31/Z32. They always try and one up Nissan when they build a car...
              " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
              LaterZ

Comment

Yup, Thats how you sell cars. Try to beat your competition. Notice that Nissan has allways pioneered the way for the import sports cars though.

Like Chris86NA2T said I would just run the blue tops though. They damn near bolt right in and flow good. I was using these a long time ago, almost 3 years ago and I started telling people about them, but nobody really cared at that time. :roll:

Comment

SATAN wrote: Yup, Thats how you sell cars. Try to beat your competition. Notice that Nissan has allways pioneered the way for the import sports cars though.

Like Chris86NA2T said I would just run the blue tops though. They damn near bolt right in and flow good. I was using these a long time ago, almost 3 years ago and I started telling people about them, but nobody really cared at that time. :roll:
                  Satan, What year talon do you need them from and do you need a resistor box? Theirs a gazilion of "Blue Tops" on ebay but some say from 1st gens and 2nd gens.
                  89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                  87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                  07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

I'm looking to get bigger injectors for my setup and heard that on MR2oc.com they sell 6 supra injectors for like 125 shipped. I was just curious to see if they would fit. They are definitely aren't as bigged as I was told

Comment

The Ford Racing, Bosche style, injectors also use the same electrical connectors. I just got done verifying it. However, they use 14mm pintel o-rings vs. Nissans 11mm o-rings. If you want to drop the 14mm injectors in, then you need to drill out the lower plenum another 3mm. Or find a smaller o-ring to fit in the plenum bungs.

Wanna have some nice fuel rails but need cheap stock flowing injectors to go in them?
                      I know that Hyundai 2.0L injectors, which have BROWN tops found in 97-00 Elantras and Tiburons, are 24lb, high impedance, Ford/Bosch style. So once you build the rails, you can get those injectors pretty much anywhere and swap them into new rails. They go for $30 on Hyundai forums. Elantras are a dime a dozen, so you should have no problems locating them in the junkyard. Just make sure they are the brown tops (2.0L), and not white/cream colored (1.8L).
                      1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                      2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

I might look into those DSM injectors. I'm thinking about selling my injectors. According to the PO they are 850cc. I definitely don't see a need for 850cc injectors to get where I want to be.

Comment

jn1cz wrote: I might look into those DSM injectors. I'm thinking about selling my injectors. According to the PO they are 850cc. I definitely don't see a need for 850cc injectors to get where I want to be.
                          Why sell them if they are currently working? They will supply fuel you need for now and then a lot more later if you need them to (assuming they are really 850cc) If you can look at your current TOG in the TEC3 or go to the tuning wizard, it will tell you (in a round about way) if it is set up tor 850cc injectors. Over all, my point is, why sell them when they work fine and you have no idea if you are going to need somthing larger anyways later?

Comment

Jn1cz if you want to sell your injectors let me know i'll take them off your hands. I'm a firm believer that it is better to overbuild then to underbuild.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                              Originally posted by jn1cz
                              I might look into those DSM injectors. I'm thinking about selling my injectors. According to the PO they are 850cc. I definitely don't see a need for 850cc injectors to get where I want to be.
                              Why sell them if they are currently working? They will supply fuel you need for now and then a lot more later if you need them to (assuming they are really 850cc) If you can look at your current TOG in the TEC3 or go to the tuning wizard, it will tell you (in a round about way) if it is set up tor 850cc injectors. Over all, my point is, why sell them when they work fine and you have no idea if you are going to need somthing larger anyways later?
                              Good points but 850cc seems like way overkill. BTW they're d-jetronic injectors. I wonder what car that used d-jet needed 850cc injectors?
                              You can see where I trimmed this plug a little trying to get some new Bosch connectors to fit. Didn't work. That's when I started researching injectors and found out about d-jetronics. I got a good pic of the 60-2 wheel I'll post in another thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X