Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that I have SteveZ31's exhaust flanges ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Gary will be building this to be a track only car???

My car doesn't pass visual or sniff tests. But I'm lucky, I have a shop that only charges me $68. Otherwise my car would be track only & towed to events. That would suck as I like taking it out on the streets - like I will finally get to do tonight. I just don't have time to drive mine lately. Sad.
    378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Where I grew up in Cleveland Oh they were really strict with emissions and from what I hear still are......so finding a shop owned or managed by and friend of a friend of a friend is always good....when I was stationed in NC, thats what I did...and actually once when I was in high school I sported the guy 20 dollars and he passed my car...........(this is a runon sentence from hell huh?!?!?!?!)
      Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

no cops as long as you aren't driving like an idiot. no sniffers (emisions tests).

ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Thats what I love about Florida
          3 inch exhausts from the turbo back with no cat for EVERYONE!!!

Soon, some goofball with change it though..... :roll:
          Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

TODD03412 wrote: Soon, some goofball with change it though..... :roll:
            huh? wait ,your'e serious?! fuck no! i wont have it ! please god no!!!! :x

Comment

Re: Now that I have SteveZ31's exhaust flanges ...

ZDaddy wrote: You are going to have to share with me what you are going to do about smog.

Please share your thoughts.
              Yes and here is the secrete. My car will be done in two years.
              http://tinyurl.com/3aal48

Comment

Emission is strict around here not SUPER strict. Their is many ways to get around it if you have a computer with a scanner and Printer :wink: . Theirs 2 sr20s my brothers Z and a talon (The ppl i now) that "passed" and they dont have Anything emissons on them.
                89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

Hey 1artwork please provide some more info on your response there....

Having read that article, and living in california myself...with my illegal cars, I don't see what your answer is...

You don't have a rolling exemption since they phased that out with 1975 models....You would have to have a car that meets the emissions of a 198X whatever year your z is. Wouldn't you?

The angle it looks like you are taking is to say that your car will be a custom and that since you put headers and a turbo or bigger turbo on it that it is custom? I think that's unlikely to fly, or every honda owner would be claiming to have a custom vehicle and slapping intakes on.

I am very curious as I am in the process of turbo and 5 speeding a M30, which could better be argued as a custom as it will have a different trans, motor, rear, driveshaft, basically everything mechanical replaced with different stuff and I already have done a custom interior on it. If I could get this car to fly emissions that would be very cool, otherwise I need to find someone who likes money enough to give me a pass in a year and a half when I need to test.

This is an interesting topic, please chime in...
                  "If you don't hold it....you don't own it"

Comment

I am sooooo spoiled by not having emissions where I live. but I have always lived in colorado and have never heard of a visual inspection!! are you serious?! :shock: and how do they know what is factory or not?! and actually they did look under to see if you had a cat in your system (back when I lived in the city and had to get smog inspected). and there were different regulations for cars. for example. cars from 74-81 had/have one set of rules and 74 and older had to qualify under the 1974 regulations and so forth. satan? you still live in the city, do I have it right?

Comment

casner wrote: I am sooooo spoiled by not having emissions where I live. but I have always lived in colorado and have never heard of a visual inspection!! are you serious?! :shock: and how do they know what is factory or not?! and actually they did look under to see if you had a cat in your system (back when I lived in the city and had to get smog inspected). and there were different regulations for cars. for example. cars from 74-81 had/have one set of rules and 74 and older had to qualify under the 1974 regulations and so forth. satan? you still live in the city, do I have it right?
                      They do visual inspections here too. They use a mirror for the cat and they also have a little diagram on their screen to show where the EGR is supposed to be on said car.
                      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Alot of people just run a straight pipe clean thru the guts of the cat to get away from that. But then if they do smog testing that's not going to help much lol Luckily for me there is no visual inspection or smog testing here!
                        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Out here they look under the hood for the factory sticker telling them where the emission stuff is. So I peeled mine & my buddy's long ago. His Z is pretty much stock & runs so clean that it passes without the cat. So most places don't even look under his Z when they see how clean it runs on the machine.
                          378whp 445wtq
                          http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

I still can't fathom the visual inspection thing, all you catch is modifications and there's no way to assess their impact on emissions visually

up here we have an e-test done annually for 12+ years, bi-annually for 5+, prior to 1988 and newer than 5 years are exempt.... the test is done by sticking a probe in the pipe and opening the gas cap, running it on a dyno between certain speeds and getting a printout (also submitted electronically to the ministry/dept)

the closest we have to a visual inspection is only for safety certification necessary when transferring ownership, which deals with thing like exterior lights, brakes, holes in the body, etc.... the drivetrain isn't relevant for safety so if your transmission can barely hold a gear or your diff makes crackly sounds you can still pass

Comment

Emissions laws around here are Ok its super easy to get around. I have collectors plates for my Z which means I can do pretty much anything to the car and still drive it on the street as long as it has headlights, tailights & Turn Signals. :twisted:

As for California, Im glad I moved from there when I did :?

Back on Topic: Gary keep us updated on your manifolds
                              2005 whore magnet

Comment

DrewZee87T wrote: Hey 1artwork (1artorkz)....You would have to have a car that meets the emissions of a 198X ...
                                Yes, the car will meet emission requirements for 1984.
                                When done the car will be classed as a "Kit Car".
                                Every aspect to the car, except, the front and rear wind-
                                shield will be modified. The purists will hate me.

Comment

Working...
                                X