The wrong way to do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wrong way to do it?

Not like yours eh Satan? I'm thinking the rust is due to the PO driving w/o a splash pan. I keep finding amazing things that were done to this car. Today I realized part of the wiring was an old lamp cord And the distributor hole has an old rubber plug stuffed in it. And one of the ic pipe welds has about a 1/4" gap in it. Geez. I've got just about all the parts ordered now to get this thing going. Still looking for the head bolt size. Anybody know it? I think I can get better than stock bolts for a lot less than nissanparts.cc wants but if not I'll order those too.

What is that trigger wheel from on the crankpulley? So does that mean it's got a standalone on it?

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

NissanEgg wrote: What is that trigger wheel from on the crankpulley? So does that mean it's got a standalone on it?
      Ditto.

Comment

lol thats hardcore

Comment

Yes he has a stand alone. Its an Electromotive TEC3 that he has.

Like you said, that is not like mine. Mine is mounted on the back side of the balancer. With that one being mounted on the front it is now only attatched to the crank through the rubber in the balancer. That, my friend is no bueno.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]MikeZ wrote:
            Originally posted by NissanEgg
            What is that trigger wheel from on the crankpulley? So does that mean it's got a standalone on it?
            Ditto.
            Wow. you guys could always try checking out the link in his sig, or his previous posts :-P Took me about 30 seconds.

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... /sspix.htm

http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24830

Comment

Just real quick......a shot in the dark here..I know the answer but have gotta ask

Is switching to a standalone like that easier then using the romulator or rewiring a m30 ecu to be able to run sequential injectors and to modify fuel maps etc ??????
              Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

TODD03412 wrote: Just real quick......a shot in the dark here..I know the answer but have gotta ask

Is switching to a standalone like that easier then using the romulator or rewiring a m30 ecu to be able to run sequential injectors and to modify fuel maps etc ??????
                Not everyone knows about the romulator or rewiring a m30 ecu. I'm willing to bet neither did this guy by the looks of the instal on the TEC. I personally know how to install the TEC systems so that is what I am comfortable with. That and the coil packs and all of the additional things a stand alone can do that a romulator cant. My stand alone can also control my N20 or my waste gate if I want it to. Or if I had variable length intake runners I could control them or whatever else I want to. I can datalog my info (not sure if the romulator can do that) Just a bunch of stuff is good about going standalone.

EDIT: also I run a whopping 6 sensors for my engine and it works great. VERY little trouble shooting if my car isnt starting or running poorly.

Comment

Got that right. Supposedly a shop did the install. If I knew the name I'd post a warning

Comment

That is something I am seriously going to look into then !
                    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

TODD03412 wrote: That is something I am seriously going to look into then !
                      You should! its the biggest thing since sliced bread! Its what all the hip hop happenin kids are doing these days :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X