No announcement yet.

Exhaust Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try to get some of your questions answered.

The cat should be here shortly. It's a Magnaflow, and will replace the original cat that was on the car. I figure whether the original is good or not, replacing a 21-year old cat can't be a bad thing.

Second, I don't have the emissions results. All three times I've had it run it's been done as a favor, and printing it out would cause the document to also be sent to the state as another failed test. If I test and fail again after the line install, I'll try to write down the numbers.

2 of the 3 failed tests were done at a shop that is more than willing to massage the results. My tests indicated a running rich condition all three times, but the last two (since the NA2T swap) were off the charts. I'm running at about 10mpg, at $3.00/gal out here.

EGR tested good, but I may need to replace the O2, good suggestion. I'll look around for the proper testing procedure.

Any other suggestions, given the info above?

Comment

What were the results of the tests, as I asked before....

Failed nox usually egr
      failed co2 usually o2 sensor or cat

I don't think you mentioned if you were reading any codes either.....

work with us here or just guess at shit and throw blind darts
      "If you don't hold it....you don't own it"

Comment

you will need to fix your fuel consupmtion problem first.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

yes 10mpg means you have a bunch of fuel being dumped out the exhaust... until that's fixed there's no hope in hell (even with all new everything including cat) you'll pass

Comment

DrewZee87T wrote: What were the results of the tests, as I asked before....

Failed nox usually egr
            failed co2 usually o2 sensor or cat

I don't think you mentioned if you were reading any codes either.....

work with us here or just guess at shit and throw blind darts
            I failed NOX......miserably. I also failed CO2, by how much I don't know.

No codes, on the NA ECU which I'd previously ran (my first turbo ECU was fried). I just swapped to the turbo ECU and haven't run it in diagnostic mode yet.

FPR and FTS are less than one year old, as are fuel filter and all fuel-related rubber.

Comment

Working...
            X