Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up maxima intakes at picknpull today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up maxima intakes at picknpull today...

thought it was half price weekend, but read the ad wrong, doh. Either way there were a ton of "new" wrecked maxima's with the dual throttle plate, power-valve, variable geometry intakes, and some maximas with the z31 like plenum only with the throttle body in front (or on the back, depending on how you mount it).

The dual throttle plate one had a nice, clean stepper motor idle control which I'll probably try to use with MS.

So now I have a "complete" engine, I just need all the parts that move inside of it, like pistons, rods, crank, cams, etc, etc.

I think I'll be running the dual throttle plate one, even though it feeds from the side, which will be annoying to plumb.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

hmm i think the max front intake ,gutted would flow by far the best... and you with your tons-o-space should take advantage and use that one...

Comment

Maxima Intake, Maxima Variable Geometry (Ppwer Valv3!!1_) intake, Lower intake required for the latter, plate required for the latter, Sweet cover plate for first maxima intake, different coolant hoses for Variable Maxima Intake:

Lower sweeping intake runners, note deeply inset injector holders for clearance I suppose:

I mainly want to try the dual throttle plate one so I can try crazy intake setups and have fun manually controlling the power-valve solenoid/actuator with MS.

The power valve(s) is/are worked by vacuum. Apply vacuum to the wastegate thing (actuator), and it pulls the valves in the intake shut, seperating 1,3,5 and 2,4,6. So, if the vacuum port on the actuator is hooked up directly to somewhere after the throttle body (which it is not on the maximas, there's a solenoid that blocks a signal from the valve actuator) then you have more runner length or something at low throttle, giving more torque or something. When you floor it, there's little vacuum and the thing opens, allowing shorter length "runners", to aim for more hp. At least that's how I see it. There's a thread in this category about this thing already, but I finally got to see it.
      BLOZ UP.com
      It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

BLOZ UP.com

Comment

and just like a wastegate you can play with springs and boost controllers haha

Comment

IF you get a late-model VG33 lower intake, it's just like the late model maxima, but all the air ports as z31 style (in-line).

Those maxima lower intakes have the same size (large) injector ports that the 33 ones use.

I need to research on how hard it is to find bigger injectors in that style. It may be pretty easy... I'm hoping the z32 used that style.

z32 style injectors, late vg30 maxima rails, vg33 lower intake.
            vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
            2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

here we go, check out the size of the o-rings, and the fuel rails. Look pretty similar..

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_in ... cts_id=616
              http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_in ... cts_id=619
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I wonder how I'll fit my -10 fuel rails under there...
                BLOZ UP.com

Comment

grahfz wrote: I need to research on how hard it is to find bigger injectors in that style. It may be pretty easy... I'm hoping the z32 used that style.
                  I think stinky is running Z32 injectors with this same intake.

I'm sure it's way better than the stock Z31 intake either way. You should do a dyno comparison (when it's running) with the 'power valve' closed and open to see what difference it makes in the power delivery.

Comment

Sweet, now I'll have VTEC for my Nissan!

Which reminds me of this one mustang Gt owner who came into our shop with two MSD DIS-4s, wanting us to hook them up... and he asked, "It'll be like VTEC, right?"

ah hahahhahaha
                    BLOZ UP.com

Comment

BLOZ UP wrote: Sweet, now I'll have VTEC for my Nissan!

Which reminds me of this one mustang Gt owner who came into our shop with two MSD DIS-4s, wanting us to hook them up... and he asked, "It'll be like VTEC, right?"

ah hahahhahaha
                      I like yelling vtec right before everytime i shift, it makes the car waayyyy faster.

BTW...NICE FIND!!!!!

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

By the way, the VG33 lower intake you are describing is the same as a pathfinder lower plenum!! I already have one for the future. It uses inline ports and works with the stock Z31 plenum and early front entry maxima plenum but has the big injector openings for Z32 injectors. You can also use the pathfinder rails as i believe they are the same as the later maxima ones. So your best bet is to use the later maxima or pathfinder rails so they except Z32 style side feeds along with a pathfinder lower plenum that way the wierd dual throttle later maxima plenum doesnt have to be used but rather a stock Z31 plenum or pathfinder plenum or front entry early maxima plenum can be used....

Comment

when there are so many top-feeds readily available for cheap, I guess I just don't see the point in swapping to use the side-feed injectors when they only cost more?

Comment

z32 injectors are what 370.... and the common upgrade is 555.... so I would expect there's many available cheap

however offset that with the time/work/money getting the manifolds and shit and it's probably a wash

Comment

[quote]WaZZ300 wrote:
                              Originally posted by BLOZ UP
                              Sweet, now I'll have VTEC for my Nissan!

ah hahahhahaha
                              I like yelling vtec right before everytime i shift, it makes the car waayyyy faster.

BTW...NICE FIND!!!!!
                              I like to tell people my honda powered lawn mower has vtec
                              1984 300zx Ae Turbo(under repair...)
                              1989 240sx rb20(daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                              X