No announcement yet.

Why a Nissan brand timing belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Gatorback serpentine on my Jeep ZJ. Looks plenty tough.

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: The off brands are not beveled like the Nissan belt. They are plenty durable but tend to "walk" torwards the edge of the timing gears while the Nissan belt does not.
      Ditto. I have seen this problem, too. I have also seen nissan belts hold up to over 120k miles.
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I dunno, I've been using Dayco's with no problems.
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

I using the goodyear belt and it had no problems.Even after spiling some coolant the belt.
          1986 Current build
          HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

I don't care who made mine, as long as it came from japan.

And it did.

Same with the engine seal kit i got. First one was from china. Told the guys at carquest to order another one. Japanese made, way better looking quality.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: The off brands are not beveled like the Nissan belt. They are plenty durable but tend to "walk" torwards the edge of the timing gears while the Nissan belt does not.
              We first realized this back in August when I first had my 9:1 motor installed. You could literally watch the belt slowly walk its way towards the front of the engine. If it wasn't for hte crank key, the belt would walk off the gears entirely.
              Originally posted by Andrew84zx
              tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
              545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

[quote]FlawleZ wrote:
                Originally posted by RedBeauty84ZX
                The off brands are not beveled like the Nissan belt. They are plenty durable but tend to "walk" torwards the edge of the timing gears while the Nissan belt does not.
                We first realized this back in August when I first had my 9:1 motor installed. You could literally watch the belt slowly walk its way towards the front of the engine. If it wasn't for hte crank key, the belt would walk off the gears entirely.
                But this is why you run the big washers that go on the front of the crank timing gear and the back of the crank timing gear. Those are what keep the belt tracked in place.

If you have both of those washers on there like you are supposed to then no matter what belt you run it stays in place.
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

im gonna have to agree with mr john martin
                  87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

Working...
                  X