No announcement yet.

turbo a 1987 200sx se vg30e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's probably what I will do. I have some 90s Maxima exhaust manifolds that might work in that fashion.
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

http://www.v6-s12.com/Specifications.htm

Curb Weight (fully loaded):............2975 lbs
        The Net Weight should be 300+lbs less putting it into the 2600ish range.

Comment

I think the 200sxse (V6) put on weight. I have the car and driver magazine from 1987 and they make a big deal about the weight gain. They claim a 3.70 rear but I believe that was never made. Every 200sxse I have seen is 3.90.

I have deleted the complete AC system as well as many other small items. I am thinking of gutting out the interior also and making it a 'truck-bed' in the back! I also want to re-arrange the battery and any other weight to the back. I have a tow hitch for the car too! I use this thing like whore.

Its a fun car and I have owned it since 1994 or so. It will not be sold to another person. It will die with me or I will watch it get crushed personally.
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

what were the number stampings on the ring gears of all of the SE's rearends? Both of mine were 37:9. I would have thought that all of them were the same. Seeing as to how I had a 87 and a 88 I cant see how any others would be different.
            Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
            Originally posted by BoostedMamma
            Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Yeah, I am pretty sure seeing at least a dozen 200sxse in person (junkyard or looking at the chrome engine plates). I know mcx changed his 3.90 out for a 3.5 300zx unit. I will ask him.

I would like to go 3.70 since so many 300zx are in the yards. My car has so much torque now and the gas mileage would improve.
              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: chrome engine plates
                HAHAHA, LOL those are not accurate for the rear ends. According to mine in my car I have a 3.70 from the factory LOL. Z-bum can attest to this. The only real way to tell is to look at the stamping on the ring gear.

crowbar wrote:
                I would like to go 3.70 since so many 300zx are in the yards.
                LOL, from 87-89 all n/a's had 3.90's and all turbos had 3.70's. Where are all of these 87-89 turbo's located I will fly there take all of them out and sell them on ebay for 600 each.
                Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

are you on meth?
                  Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Maybe he is refering to the incorrect Vin Plates

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

crowbar wrote: are you on meth?
                      WTF? Can you please get more civilized. Arent we having a simple discussion here? Drugs are a VERY touchy subject with me. NEVER even incinuate or joke that I am on drugs! I dont care that you may not be serious. You may not have known this, so consider it a warning.

BTW thanks wass, I thought it was from 87-89. I stand corrected it was in 1988 only that the plates were incorrect.

Comment

Jitter you made little sense and seemed to have been 'LOL'ing about it. Now, I see you are warning me in serious tones.

But I have no clue what you are talking about. You seem to be saying that the stamped info on the engine bay is incorrect? The VIN numbers are wrong?

In any case, its easy enough to just jack the car and do an accurate wheel-turn to shaft ratio.
                        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

..i have owned a 87 SE/auto[sold] and a 88 SE /5 speed and both were 3.90 factory geared...the engine plate was stamped 3.9 and the ring gear stamped 39-10.

Comment

what year car is the 3.5 that you put in from?
                            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

All turbos from 84-86 had a 3.54 ratio.
                              86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

..i bought it from a member here,SPLZ31,...1984 Turbo version..3.54 ratio..it bolted right in and used the stock 200sx cv axles...i like the 3.54 gearing better because it helps build the boost faster in first gear and the gas milage in top gear is much improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X