No announcement yet.

turbo a 1987 200sx se vg30e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/q254/dinidium/ . Check it out its not quite done I'm waiting for a few parts to finish. First few pics are of turbo project the rest are a previous supercharger project.

Comment

Nice work. I may go to a very similar setup but with a reverse mounted pathy intake instead.

200sxse guys think outside the box.
      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Thanks. Hey aren't you the crowbar that was on the S-12 website? I'm wondering cause I never had any luck with a 300zx ecu in a S-12 and thats what I plan on using to run this and from what I remember your the guy to talk to about ecu's. The 2 ecu's I tried so far I had the matching MAFs and I installed a wide band o2 sensor to go with and they wouldn't idle or rev out worth a crap. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated or if you have a set up you know works that maybe you'd like to sell possibly?

Comment

You really want a 88+ turbo ecu. Next best is a 86 or 87. dmc has had good results with his 86t 300zx ecu with low impedance injectors and 300zx MAF. (closed loop operation and good 1/4 mile times)

Where did you get your turbo ecus? Be careful as some people will switch the cover plates. Post the ecu numbers here.

The 86 and later turbo 300zxt ecu's will all work with the same O2 sensor that is stock in a 200sxse (small titania type). The early 84-85 used the bigger O2 sensor that outputs a voltage. Stay away from those ecus.

If you use a 88+ turbo ecu, you might want to go with high impedance injectors or adapt a current limiting scheme with power resistors if you have low impedance injectors. I run a 87 200sxse NA with a turbo ecu. It runs closed loop and feels great.
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

OK so the numbers on the ecu I plan to use are.. The big # is 26 then A18-654 M30 then 5x04. I got this one from a junkyard ,removed it myself, and haven't used it yet. Also I have venom injectors that are good to 395hp that were made to work with a stock 200sx ecu... I think the other 2 ecu's were from 88 300zx's .. could this be the reason they didn't work work for me? I know you mentioned that 88 300zx's were designed to work with high impedance injectors. I still have to find them to get the numbers off them to confirm but they were supposed to be from 87's... I bought them off E-bay.

Comment

Wow I was just reading in another post about injector wiring and having to move some wires around for swapping ecu's from different year cars. Have you experienced any difficulties with this Crowbar?

Comment

My car had the VG30e injector recall but it was not swapped around. 200sxse have the sub-harness anyway.

I am using low impedance top fed 300zxt injectors with a 88 turbo ecu. I am using power resistors in each bank.

The car starts, runs closed loop fine.
                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote:
                  I am using low impedance top fed 300zxt injectors with a 88 turbo ecu. I am using power resistors in each bank.

The car starts, runs closed loop fine.
                  Why?
                  http://www.vgpowered.com
                  Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

why use power resistors? To limit the current
                    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: why use power resistors? To limit the current
                      ? :-?
                      No, why are you using a turbo ecu and turbo injectors on an NA? Running rich isn't a good thing.
                      http://www.vgpowered.com
                      Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

I finally got to the point where it was time to turn the key...... It started right up with high idle warmed up and steadied out at 750rpms. It wouldn't rev smoothly though... 3/4 turn of the adjustment skrew on the MAF fixed it right up. Now I just need a dry road to test it on.

Comment

Finally got to road test and not so happy. I saw it hit 12 psi but didn't pull like it had 12 psi. Things were fine until it hit around 6 psi... then it leaned out. Injectors are big enough but computer didn't compensate. I don't know if something is wrong or if I'm asking to much from stock turbo ecu, 9-1 compression and 12 psi combined?

Comment

Working...
                          X