turbo a 1987 200sx se vg30e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo a 1987 200sx se vg30e

has anyone turboed a 1987 200sx se vg30e motor with the parts from a z31 300zx what parts would i need... ECU,maf sensor, turbo, exaust manifolds, random piping, how would u set up the oil line with the stock oil pan (i heard the turbo one dosent fit over crossmember) anything else let me know.

also i heard it would be easy to make it twin turbo with custom exhaust manifolds. some ideas on this setup let me know email or myspace it up
    i duno

Here is a whole thread on the subject. Maybe you could join in there.

http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2877
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

i always wanted to do the swap on one of those,i mean i on't see why it wouldn't work the crossmember should be the same,ill read satans link and bullshit about it there
      87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

do you guys think its even worth it?how much lighter is the s12 than the z31?

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: do you guys think its even worth it?
          Of course not. Why would anyone want a way faster car?
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

i so would love to do that. an s12 vg turbo would have been my 2nd choice behind a 510, but a turbo would fit well in that car. you wanna talk sleeper!!! NO ONE would expect to get their ass handed to them by an old S12.

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: do you guys think its even worth it?how much lighter is the s12 than the z31?
              Well it really varies on which S12 and which Z31, but in most cases it will be +/- ~200 lbs or so.
              Originally posted by Andrew84zx
              tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
              545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

From what I have heard the 200sx was Nissans rival to the Hachiroku (AE86) Which means that it should be somewhat the same platform and weight right? The Hachie was an extremely lightweight car weighing around 2200 to 2300lbs.

Comment

Damian_Z31 wrote: From what I have heard the 200sx was Nissans rival to the Hachiroku. (AE86)
                  It was. And a better car IMO.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

well im trading my beat 240sx for the s12 and im getting money plus hes throwing in a front mount intercooler and i know where i can get the z31 turbo setup cheap. i just want the car as a cheap sleeper beater so im not concerned about huge hp goals i just want to turbo the car. i was alos wondering could i just twin turbo it by hooking up a turbo to each side of the engine by making custom exhaust manifolds. i can get piping and steel cheap too. and that would eliminate the wrap around exhaust manifold rite?
                    what u guys think of that.... id be using the stock turbos too (oil line setup ideas)
                    i duno

Comment

thanks for that link that helped with the ecu and o2 sensor qs now just the twin turbo setup let me know what u think
                      i duno

Comment

mrjackugp wrote: thanks for that link that helped with the ecu and o2 sensor qs now just the twin turbo setup let me know what u think
                        Yes you could do it. Yes it would eliminate the X-over pipe. In my opinion it doesnt seem worth it to do a twin turbo set up though. You now have to run both turbos into a dual inlet IC with a single outlet (Pretty sure thats not the one the guy is throwing in on the trade). Other stuff too. My point is that I personally dont think its worth it.
                        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

well i can just everything cheap thats the only reason im doing it like i can get each stock turbo for 45 bucks and id be making the manifold myself im pretty handy with steel, welder and a torch haha what about the oil lines tho i wanna make sure there geting oil
                          i duno

Comment

Damian_Z31 wrote: From what I have heard the 200sx was Nissans rival to the Hachiroku (AE86) Which means that it should be somewhat the same platform and weight right? The Hachie was an extremely lightweight car weighing around 2200 to 2300lbs.
                            no way in hell an S12 weighs what my dime weighs. i'm a bit over 2200 dry w/ a VG. from what i barely remember from the 80's was that they were around 2800lb. still a great sleeper w/ a turbo VG in it.

Comment

mrjackugp wrote: well im trading my beat 240sx for the s12 and im getting money plus hes throwing in a front mount intercooler and i know where i can get the z31 turbo setup cheap. i just want the car as a cheap sleeper beater so im not concerned about huge hp goals i just want to turbo the car. i was alos wondering could i just twin turbo it by hooking up a turbo to each side of the engine by making custom exhaust manifolds. i can get piping and steel cheap too. and that would eliminate the wrap around exhaust manifold rite?
                              what u guys think of that.... id be using the stock turbos too (oil line setup ideas)
                              its possible depending on how commited you are,its alot of work you'd need to make a custom intake mani i know that

Comment

Working...
                              X