X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Damian_Z31 wrote:
    Originally posted by StreetFighter
    PT6176 FTW

Don't get a small turbo. HX35s and HX40s are somewhat small turbos. Go with a real turbo. Don't be afraid of lag.
    Small Turbo? :?: :shock:

The Holset that I got from ranso is about 4x bigger than the stock T3. I will be spooling about the same and have a potential to make more HP. The turbo is good for me all around seeing as my car will see road courses, autox, and the drag strip.
    If your turbo that is 4x larger than stock spools the same as the stock turbo, that is NOT a good thing. There is a balance that should be maintained.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Damian_Z31 wrote: Sorry for posting the same three times I have no clue what happened... :shock:
      No prob, easy fix. :wink:
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
        Originally posted by Damian_Z31:d0434
        Sorry for posting the same three times I have no clue what happened... :shock:
        No prob, easy fix. :wink:[/quote:d0434]

Now I look like someone going on a random rant and posting stuff just for the hell of it.....?

Where do you reach full boost on the stock T3 around 3k or 2800? roastin300's write up says that you reach full boost on a VG30 w/ a HX35 around 3600rpm's and since I am running the VG33 there should be a little difference in spool due to the bigger displacement. I'll claim around 3200 or 3300.

I just want a turbo that is cheap and will put me at 450 to the wheels with as little lag as possible. I will be autoXing alot in the months to come with Firehawk and want as little lag as possible. Besides I still have a score to settle with MR2_SO_GAY at the strip so the high HP is a must.

Comment

^Ummmm....ok...

Sorry. Here is some clarification:

Somehow his post was posted 3 times. I deleted 2.

It happens, didn't think anything else was needed, just figured I would acknowledge your recognition of the issue with a friendly reply that it was handled.

:?
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: ^Ummmm....ok...

Sorry. Here is some clarification:

Somehow his post was posted 3 times. I deleted 2.

It happens, didn't think anything else was needed, just figured I would acknowledge your recognition of the issue with a friendly reply that it was handled.

:?
            I wasn't trying to be rude, I guess a lame joke was made on my part. ops:

Thanks though OR-Zman.

Comment

Item: Piers Hybrid Turbo HX-35 Dodge Cummins Diesel (140092694315)

I can get you a non wastegated housing for your turbo. This turbo has been modified to spool better and flow more air on the top end. Give me a call Monday and I can price you the housing. Thanks, Jeremy.

This is what the diesel shop told me about their turbo, I am going to call them tomorrow to make my decision.

Thanks for the help on this decision and i'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks

Comment

Just to follow up if anyone wants to do the Holset swap I found a shop that is very knowledgable on the turbos and is willing to help match the right turbo with the motor and mods that you will run.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/txdslshop

The only page I could find that has all of their info. Jeremy is the guy that I talked to and he has several different types of turbos that thy swap the HX out for that add HP and spool faster without being too much bigger than the HX.

Comment

Working...
                X