Volvo IC pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo IC pipe

Was at the junkyard a few weeks ago just kinda wondering around. I think we were looking for Efans.

I turn a corner and see a Volvo, big deal.
    Then I see an intercooler, whatever
    Then this sweet intake piping...SCORE
    before

After

The couplers are kinda at there limits, but I have hit a fairly long period of boost with no popping of anykind.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Heh perfect fit. What model was it?
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Thats pretty sick, i assume its made of metal? How is that top mount setup working out for you?

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: Thats pretty sick, i assume its made of metal? How is that top mount setup working out for you?
        OH GOD!!!! for fucks sake, DONT bring up the top mount issue. It never ends when one does! :shock:
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: Thats pretty sick, i assume its made of metal? How is that top mount setup working out for you?
          Its aluminum. I used to sell those a lot. No one wanted the intercooler, just the oily pipes.
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

[quote]crowbar wrote:
            Originally posted by Z31SPL
            Thats pretty sick, i assume its made of metal? How is that top mount setup working out for you?
            Its aluminum. I used to sell those a lot. No one wanted the intercooler, just the oily pipes.
            haha, you stole my words.

Comment

couplers at their limits- I bought some couplers for my intake piping that I was pretty dang happy with.

Vibrant:
              http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/i ... 05c6c381de

I got the reinforced pieces even though I'm not boosted but I figured I may as well get the good stuff.

What I liked about the couplers is they don't short you on material. Every coupler I got was longer than needed and I simply cut off what I didn't need. Especially on the angled pieces I found this to be a very good thing.

There are definitely other couplers out there. Whatever you do I would get something a bit more substantial than what you have now.

Love the idea. :wink:
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

One extra bend than before, but hey at least it looks better right?
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

A nice smooth bend at that.

Those hoses look like you get what you pay for

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: A nice smooth bend at that.

Those hoses look like you get what you pay for
                    Ya, they don't give them away but I was impressed with the quality.
                    Just stand back and throw money.
                    Performance costs money.
                    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

how are those zip-ties holding up?
                      Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

Holding up great. If you wanna come by and weld me up some brackets, and front mount it while your at it, by all means...

Comment

300zxt wrote: One extra bend than before, but hey at least it looks better right?
                          I think the extra bend is worth not having as many couplers and therefore less turbulent air.

Very nice score. That's as cool as the guy who found that fiero intake that fits under the engine mount for stock turbo cars.
                          86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

[quote]StreetFighter wrote:
                            Originally posted by 300zxt
                            One extra bend than before, but hey at least it looks better right?
                            I think the extra bend is worth not having as many couplers and therefore less turbulent air.

Very nice score. That's as cool as the guy who found that fiero intake that fits under the engine mount for stock turbo cars.
                            plus getting rid of that gay 45 degree bend into a much smoother s-pipe configuration, and getting rid of two PVC sections of piping

Comment

Thats a nice clean run there.
                              On the top mounted cooler, did you vent the front of the hood or anything
                              for airflow?
                              Selling left over z31 parts from an 85.

Comment

Working...
                              X