Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HKS Pop off valve: Going out to all those who have one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKS Pop off valve: Going out to all those who have one!

Hey I just got one and have two questions.. what is the max and min? I know this is hard to answer since you don't know which spring I have. Just a rough ball park figure would be great. Thanks! Last question.. dose your pop off valve have a hks stamp on it? Mine dose not. thanks for your feed back!

Kouji N.

1986 Nissan 300zx Turbo
    In the pursuit of a perfect balance between speed and control.

i hate to be the first to say it, but i dont see many people here in the forum using them, should have bought a blow off valve. and if it dosent have a HKS symbol on it, its probably an ebay knockoff.
    as for tuning it, it should be easy, make it loose, drive it, and keep tightning it until it dosent open, a boost gauge helps too.
    good luck
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

The pop off valve and blow off valve are two different things. One cannot replace the other while retaining its primary function. Back it 1998 that was one of the first things I bought for my car was the HKS POV. Mine did not say HKS on it. I ended up just turning it into a pretty plug instead of a valve. I just shimmed it closed all of the way. Eventually gave it away.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Thanks guys.. I actually do have a hks ssq bov.. I'll try that drive and tune method.. thanks guys..

Kouji N.

1986 Nissan 300zx Turbo
        In the pursuit of a perfect balance between speed and control.

Comment

Working...
        X