No announcement yet.

Cams, again. I'm bored so....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not seeing any issues with your methodology here and the numbers make sense to me... for what that is worth...:shock:

I hate to say it but I am going to stick with my initial impression even after reading the other posts. I think you may have a grind issue man.

I would triple check the cam gears and overall install and to some extent start from scratch just to verify that you have repeatable results. It will be a bit of a pain but if you can start back from the start, leave the cams in, and go from there again you may find something you may have done the first time around. Somewhat unlikely given you experience, but it could be worth the effort.

Can you take the cams to a local shop and have them verify the durations? I would think that a good shop could do this for you.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Checked everything over again and then fired the car up for a second so casner could see what 4" turbo back sounds like with the stage 3 schneider cams.

Car fired right up and has a lope to it. I'm pretty confident the cams are timed propperly now, and its just a screw up in the grind. :?
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

sell e'm to me :twisted:

Comment

i was just rolling this around in my head. is the duration on the cam card to be measured at the valve? normally .050" lift is measured at a valve when setting up timing events. but hydraulic lifters make that inaccurate. I'm guessing there is some ratio for the rocker arms like 1.5/1 or so that would affect the readings if measured differently thant they state in their literature. again, this doesn't explain the differences between cams...

Comment

benz-tech wrote: i was just rolling this around in my head. is the duration on the cam card to be measured at the valve? normally .050" lift is measured at a valve when setting up timing events. but hydraulic lifters make that inaccurate. I'm guessing there is some ratio for the rocker arms like 1.5/1 or so that would affect the readings if measured differently thant they state in their literature. again, this doesn't explain the differences between cams...
            No the cam card does say to check it at tappet. I measure off of the body so that way the lifter cant compress. Not that it would because the dial indicator is SO sensitive it would just compress instead of the lifter I'm sure of it. If I were to measure off of the valve then my numbers would be WAY more off than they are. The rocker arm is a 1.5 ratio also.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
            X