variable valve lift...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• variable valve lift...

I found this page: http://www.mechadyne-int.com/ and it has some neat products. I would think some if their stuff could work on a vg30e head, but who knows, and how much? If nothing else, someone with deep pockets could make it work.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

That is cool. But with our rocker arm set up, it would seem hard to set it up

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Comment

some of the newer cars that are using this are really nice and produce more power than I would have though from their engines without it.

My brother just bought a new Camry V6 with VVT and it is pretty impressive for a sedan grocery getter car. My mothers Solera also has it and its performance is pretty dang nice as well. It is somewhat hard to describe but when you need the power it is definitely there. Yet both cars get dang good mpg.

I cant even begin to imagine how anyone would convert this to use on a VG...but if its possible I'm sure someone will figure it out. :shock:
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: some of the newer cars that are using this are really nice and produce more power than I would have though from their engines without it.

My brother just bought a new Camry V6 with VVT and it is pretty impressive for a sedan grocery getter car. My mothers Solera also has it and its performance is pretty dang nice as well. It is somewhat hard to describe but when you need the power it is definitely there. Yet both cars get dang good mpg.

I cant even begin to imagine how anyone would convert this to use on a VG...but if its possible I'm sure someone will figure it out. :shock:
          a lot of cars are using variable valve timing, but not variable lift. I think only Porsche and BMW have variable lift systems that aren't just small/big cam setups like VVTi-L/VTEC

Comment

[quote]Andrevas wrote:
            Originally posted by OR-Zman
            some of the newer cars that are using this are really nice and produce more power than I would have though from their engines without it.

I cant even begin to imagine how anyone would convert this to use on a VG...but if its possible I'm sure someone will figure it out. :shock:a lot of cars are using variable valve timing, but not variable lift. I think only Porsche and BMW have variable lift systems that aren't just small/big cam setups like VVTi-L/VTEC
            all of the 996's and 968's ( gay boxsters) we take apart only have variable cam timing , somewhat like the VANOS they have been putting in bmw's since the early 90's . if i remember correctly most of them only have it on the intake cam .... now the new 997's i have no idea , them cars are still too new to be out of warranty so almost all of them go to the dealer for maintenance.

Comment

Whats the diff in this and V-tec
              89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
              87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
              07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

kinda looks lift my honda's VTEC

Comment

while we are speaking about VVL

I don't know if anyone noticed, the VQ37VHR in the new G37 has Nissan's new VVEL technology, which does not use conventional camshafts and has infinitly adjustable valve timing and lift, not quite sure if duration is as well, probably won't see infinite duration until solenoid actuated valves come into production

Comment

Re:

[quote]Andrevas wrote:

I cant even begin to imagine how anyone would convert this to use on a VG...but if its possible I'm sure someone will figure it out. :shock:a lot of cars are using variable valve timing, but not variable lift. I think only Porsche and BMW have variable lift systems that aren't just small/big cam setups like VVTi-L/VTEC
                    New Nissan VQs have it.

Comment

yeah, the VQ37 has "infinite" lift/timing capabilities. They claim they don't even need a throttle body and it is just there for smog!!!!

Oh, i have Variable valve lift in my car. Like when the lifters depressurize on a long trip cruising at the same RPM for awhile :-?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Re: Re:

[quote]vagabond wrote: [quote=Andrevas]

New Nissan VQs have it.
                        I already mentioned the VQ37, which is the only VQ (minus the upcoming TT version) to have variable valve lift, all the VQxxDE's and the 25/35HRs have VVT only.

Comment

Working...
                        X