Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]G-E wrote: [quote=SATAN]
    Originally posted by G-E:9ed25
    I love the pop pop, reminds me of anti-lag, best thing since the knife that cut the bread for those with money to waste on new turbos periodically
    This is why I ONLY hit my two step while I am at the track. I cant afford to replace my turbo very often.
    with the money you spend buying fancy parts.... sometimes I wonder[/quote:9ed25]

Dude, i'm budget man, I try to get the best deals I can all the time. Somtimes I buy things when I shouldnt just because they are too good of a deal to pass up, and end up kicking my own ass later for doing it. :roll:
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
      Originally posted by TurboZkid
      my buddy just bout an 86 capri with an msd box with a 2 step on the msd box..now cant just wire in an msd box and install a 2 step box on it?
      I'm not sure about that. I dont know if its just ONE msd box for all the cars and then you add the individual options or if you have to buy a certain box for the application that you want to do. In other words, I dont know so I also dont know why I'm replying.
      does anyone else know anything about this?

Comment

[quote]TurboZkid wrote: [quote=SATAN]
        Originally posted by TurboZkid
        my buddy just bout an 86 capri with an msd box with a 2 step on the msd box..now cant just wire in an msd box and install a 2 step box on it?
        I'm not sure about that. I dont know if its just ONE msd box for all the cars and then you add the individual options or if you have to buy a certain box for the application that you want to do. In other words, I dont know so I also dont know why I'm replying.does anyone else know anything about this?
        There's a few takes on the idea, but with MSD you need a box with the rev limiter, such as a 6AL
        . The 2-step module selector just switches between two RPM pills that you BUY ($) and put in the 2-step unit, then it plugs into the CD ignition box:
        http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
        Then you hook up a master and selector switch to trigger the second step (being the high limit), which most people put on the clutch pedal so as soon as you launch it switches to the high rev limit.

Comment

yea so could i just buy th 6A box and then put a 2 step box on it. so i get a high rev limiter and a launch limiter?

Comment

two step

msd 6AL
            Black 1986 300zx Turbo coupe (Chuki)
            http://z31performance.com/showthread...86-Turbo-Coupe
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Pewter 1986 300zx N/A 2 Turbo 2+2 (Chuki)
            http://z31performance.com/showthread...9;s-1986-300zx

Comment

Re: two step

Crazy wrote: msd 6AL
              Yeah, like I said it really needs the builtin rev limiter or you will have to buy that too.

Comment

Working...
              X