Tial SS Turbine Housings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tial SS Turbine Housings

I saw one in person today, awesome quality, light and I am really digging the V-Band Inlet. Im going to find out how much one is for my GT42 tomorrow.

2005 whore magnet

:shock: Sweet Jebus man!!!

Comment

The thing I am wondering is besides the obvious benefit of being stainless and v-band, does it offer any true performance advantages?

Comment

I think that is awsome! now you dont have to be limited as much as to how your turbo sits in the engine bay. You can angle it 'away' from somthing if you need to.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

^^^I'm not seeing your logic in that. You still have the ability to clock the housing on a non-Tial model. And you will still have to feed the turbo through the motormount (in stock location).
          A coupling turns just the same as a v-band.

I agree with Jason in asking "Why?"
          1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
          2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: ^^^I'm not seeing your logic in that. You still have the ability to clock the housing on a non-Tial model. And you will still have to feed the turbo through the motormount (in stock location).
            A coupling turns just the same as a v-band.

I agree with Jason in asking "Why?"
            Stock Manifolds? Yea I wouldnt bother with one of these housings.

With the V-Band Turbine you can turn turn/clock the entire Turbo 360 degrees whenever you want not just the housing(s) in my eyes thats the main benefit of going with one of these, it being made out of SS is just a bonus. No real performance gains can be seen going with one of these housings what is gained is convenience (4 bolts vs 1 clamp) and versatility.
            2005 whore magnet

Comment

Do you really remove your turbo that much?
              1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
              2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: Do you really remove your turbo that much?
                Not remove... This would be good for guys doing custom set ups. In instances where you're not quite sure if its going to fit the way you pictured...having that ability to move it all over just insures you more leeway.

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: Do you really remove your turbo that much?
                  Yes, I pull my turbo that much to where it would be a nice feature. Also, if you look at my engine bay, you can see how my turbo sits.parallel to the engine. With this housing I could angle the turbo toward the center of the engine bay to make room for an intake on the turbo and pull the comp housing away from the inner fender, all while not interfering with the cam gears. All I would have to do is modify my down pipe and my IC pipe. I wont end up doing it though :?

85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

And still no one points out the conical turbine outlet.. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                    X