No announcement yet.

Spark Plug wire organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why you people find this thread fascinating, haven't had much tie-wrap experience?

I've done a bunch of variations of that for electrical and phone cabling, I normally have >500 in my trunk at any one time, 11" & 14".... great for creating temporary waterpump belts, and keeping broken distributor caps in one piece.... you can never say they aren't useful

Comment

I was simply impressed by the simplicity of it and the fact of the car it was on :shock:
      Plus.........I posted it incase anyone needs some help with reorganizing wiring...its right there in your face on how to do it. Pretty damn simple.
      I am always pissed b/c my wires and stuff are always screwed up...I can never make it to the dealer on saturdays to get new wire holders... this was perfect for me

Those are some really good ideas G-E.........you guys wouldnt believe how much crap I have held together with zip ties LOL
      I love Zip Ties...I need to stop at Lowe's and get some more on the way home.
      Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

Yeah yeah, unfortunetly my eyes arent. My son seems to be up all night though.......one of these days Im going to have a talk with that kid.

I just ordered a rear strut brace from courtesy......thanks,bum - youre costing me money HHAHAHAHA

Comment

DAHHHH! I couldnt have an engine that clean! I would be to paranoid at having to keep it that way ALL THE TIME. I know it was a lot of work to get it that way. It looks show car good, but i'll be damned if I would put forth the effort to keep it flawless like that.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: DAHHHH! I couldnt have an engine that clean! I would be to paranoid at having to keep it that way ALL THE TIME. I know it was a lot of work to get it that way. It looks show car good, but i'll be damned if I would put forth the effort to keep it flawless like that.
            Its amazing what you do to keep busy on an engine with a freshly blown turbo and heads pulled cause you broke an extractor in/on
            a exhaust stud. At the time i was borderline laid-off (early 2000 tech slump) and couldn't afford the big repairs, so i concentrated on the details.
            It wasn't done over a period of days, it was done over the period of almost 2-3 years.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

[quote]Z_Karma wrote:
              Originally posted by SATAN
              DAHHHH! I couldnt have an engine that clean! I would be to paranoid at having to keep it that way ALL THE TIME. I know it was a lot of work to get it that way. It looks show car good, but i'll be damned if I would put forth the effort to keep it flawless like that.
              Its amazing what you do to keep busy on an engine with a freshly blown turbo and heads pulled cause you broke an extractor in/on
              a exhaust stud. At the time i was borderline laid-off (early 2000 tech slump) and couldn't afford the big repairs, so i concentrated on the details.
              It wasn't done over a period of days, it was done over the period of almost 2-3 years.
              I can imagine it took that long! And that alone is why I couldnt have it like that. I would be frantically cleaning it ALL THE TIME due to the time I put into it. I wouldnt get to enjoy it. Or if I worked on it I would have to be so careful not to scratch or ding anything that I would never make any progress. I give you props for the work involved though! Its amazing.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I keep coming back to look at the pictures....and I dream :shock:

Comment

Working...
                X