Spark Plug wire organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug wire organization

ALRIGHT........ just about the smartest thing I saw on any ALMS car this weekend......maybe this should go more into cosmetic..but I figured it should go into mechanical b/c people who mess with motors can probably benefit from this......If it is moved I wont be offended (not that anyone would care HA!!!)

I have tons of pictures of aero parts and hoods with vents for cooling and naca duct placement b/c Im studying a lot of that right now....but pound for pound...this was the smartest thing I saw (I appreciate it b/c my wires are always all over the place and the wire holders companys send with their wires kinda suck) ZIP TIES!!! some of you guys might benefit from seeing this..I know I did. I have those bull$hit connectors that the wires always pop out of..my original plastic ones are cracked and gone......
    This particular beauty was on the Corvette C6R.........It dominates its class with its wires held together by zip ties.....amazing that someone gets paid to think that crap up......but, I did it on my car on sunday b/c they are flipping around and now they look way better, organized, firm, etc etc......

Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

That is EXACTLY how we did it at the engine machine shop. Fucken awesome

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

isnt it though?!?!?! I was SO EXCITED when I saw this...ENGINEERING FEAT OF THE DAY for me..no $hit !!!!!!

All day I was like " F-ing zip ties...FUCK ME!!!" and everyone would laugh...I was really really impressed.....its so simple that it is SIMPLE!!!!

Really smart.....after half the porsches I saw..my Z will be put together practically in zip ties now......I should probably move part of my 401K to dupont plastics....I will be buying a lot HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

aaaahahahaahhahaaahahahaha my man todd

Comment

race teams usually use what works for the least money. They normally have very tight budgets.
          Chuck Stong
          300+ Parts and Performance owner
          http://www.300-plus.com
          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Or you could always use the little plastic groved bit that clips onto the rocker covers...
            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

yep, being around race cars and builders, you see things that are so simple and yet look so good that you often feel like an idiot for not thinking of something that simple for yourself!! I will always spend time looking at race cars when I am around them or at someone's shop.

Comment

maybe you could zoom out a little. using zip ties isn't anything new. unless you are good at hiding your plug wires and all the other crap wires.

yes i know i have a pop off valve, i'm still working on getting my turbo in. :cry:

i've had to much crap going on to tear into the engine for a weekend. :cry:

Comment

You also want to set it up so the wires aren't touching

Comment

Geez, we can always count on you to share your opinions cant we HA!!!

I would think most of our cars have cracked crappy wire holders..........this is just something that I thought was cool and wanted to share. Youre right, the stock system is fine.... but if someone doesnt have them anymore then this can be an option, correct? Whats good enough for a LeMans series car is most definetly good enough for my Z. Personally I like this way.........It was pretty damn smart.

84z31, I used my phone for the pictures and was too close. Im sure you get the idea though. I had already filled up a 1gb memory card by 3 pm....there was so much there. It was pretty awesome!

Comment

That is pretty damn innovative. Mc Gyver smiles and nods in approval.
                      I can use this idea at work to keep my lab bench cables and water lines organized too.
                      Thanks for posting this idea !!

Just FYI, the stock holders can be modified with a round file to hold 8.5mm wires, If you're all out of zip ties that is

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

damn karma can you clean my engine bay to hahaha
                        87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

WOW......you could seriously eat off that motor. I wish mine were half that clean :shock:

Comment

z karma, what paint did you use on the plenum. looks like a brand new engine, nice work 8)
                            Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
                            Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Matt89 wrote: z karma, what paint did you use on the plenum. looks like a brand new engine, nice work 8)
                              Thanks!:
                              http://www.z31performance.com/forum/...ght=duplicolor

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X