Clear All

• is this a good intercooler

Length (Core) 24"
    Height 11"
    Thickness 3"
    Inlet 2.5"
    Outlet 2.5"
    Compress Air Flow Rate
    my buddy is goin to NOPI this year, i'll be IN NOPI next year. :-)

I dont' have one but that sounds a good one to me. I know of one bloke down here in OZ running one the same size.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. Can a couple more people chime in? i want to make absolutely sure that this will work well, i am going for around 400 hp, and i really don't want to have to buy another intercooler in less than a year because i am about to put this into overdrive and get a lot done in little time.

once again, thanks for all help.

-Typhoone

Comment

Several people on here have IC's about that size. They say they work pretty good.
        I actually just ordered one in 31"x12"x3" with 3" inlets. Should arive tomarrow! yay for parts!

http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... highlight=

Comment

that sounds like an ebay intercooler ad

all i have to say is that,an intercooler is an intercooler!
          i bought a Huge 32x12x3 ebay intercooler and i am very pleased with it, especially when you can buy 2 or 3 of them for the same price as a HKS or Spearco.

GOOD LUck
          http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

onefast87 wrote: that sounds like an ebay intercooler ad

i bought a Huge 32x12x3 ebay intercooler and i am very pleased with it, especially when you can buy 2 or 3 of them for the same price as a HKS or Spearco.

GOOD LUck
            aaaaaaaaahahaha, thats fucking hilarious, for one this is a bar and plate intercooler, and the second thing to note is "Pressure Drop 2~5psi@35psi; 0.2~0.5psi@15psi" it better not have any pressure drop at 234235 psi, psi is not a flow rate

obviously an ebay ad, and no, I'm not well versed in bar and plate intercoolers, so I wont say if its any good or not, but the seller is obviously retarded, as is whoever it is i quoted for saying all are equal, hell, it even and unconevional deesign

Comment

35-40psi is a fairly low pressure rating...
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

my ic is 24x12x4 and i haven't experienced any pressure drop,but im runnin 2.2 piping from turbo to ic and 2.5 from ic to tb and mine is alot bigger than the one your talkin about
                87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

[quote]nutsaq wrote:
                  Originally posted by onefast87
                  that sounds like an ebay intercooler ad

GOOD LUck
                  aaaaaaaaahahaha, thats fucking hilarious, for one this is a bar and plate intercooler, and the second thing to note is "Pressure Drop 2~5psi@35psi; 0.2~0.5psi@15psi" it better not have any pressure drop at 234235 psi, psi is not a flow rate

obviously an ebay ad, and no, I'm not well versed in bar and plate intercoolers, so I wont say if its any good or not, but the seller is obviously retarded, as is whoever it is i quoted for saying all are equal, hell, it even and unconevional deesign
                  ????????????????? :?

Comment

http://www.are.com.au/techtalk/intecoolersMR.htm

good stuff
                    Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

thats some good as info on ics,i knew i had a bar plate ic but i never knew what the difference was between them until i read that shit,thanks simply :lol:
                      87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

To the people who are saying this isn't a good idea, can someone give me a link to a good one, or what size i should look for for my Z?

Comment

Are you buying this off a shop with a website so we can see the thing. The inlet and outlet sizes in 2.5" are good because you won't need to use reducers as I've heard running 3" piping causes lag. So yeah it looks OK from the description but get us some pics.

Comment

go get maximum boost by corky bell

read about what you're putting on your car, why it works, how it works, what varients yield the best results, and what you need, if you want 400hp, you're going to need to think about alot harder decisions than an intercooler.

the intercooler I have, is great, it's a well flowing bar and plate intercooler that fits where I need it to, and it gives me room to grow into, not to mention the price was VERY right.

gl
                            Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Comment

zed-031 wrote: Are you buying this off a shop with a website so we can see the thing. The inlet and outlet sizes in 2.5" are good because you won't need to use reducers as I've heard running 3" piping causes lag. So yeah it looks OK from the description but get us some pics.
                              why does everyone believe that myth? i have 3" piping on a 10x24x3.5 core, eith the 60-1 i see boost at 2200, and 6psi by 3000
                              Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Comment

Working...
                              X