Flame Thrower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Thrower

Just curious if anyone has a flame thrower set up in there exaust. thinking about making a custom Jesse James style rig. Input? thoughts? Ideas? Yes i very well know i could torch my car and become a black mushy marshmellow.

-Pete

gay.

Comment

the safest way I have ever done it was propane and a spark plug.....Im not to big on cutting out my entire ignition LOL

that way you can just flip it on and it ends when you flip it off.....it shoots farther too b/c you can control your throttle instead of it being cut out....

This shouldve been more in COSMETIC I think..........?

Good luck though.... dont burn your winky off...... :shock:
      Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

I dont know. How well does that work on a fuel injected car? I would think the ECU makes it to where there is little left to burn coming out of the exhaust. Dont know for sure though.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

although i would usually call something like this gay, it always makes me laugh when i see flames shoot out of an exhaust.. if you were to interupt the signal wire to the power transistor would the comupter still fire the injectors? if not, how can you kill all spark without killing the injectors?that would be one way to dump fuel in the exhaust.. not that i would ever try it as im sure it would blast off an exhaust pipe somewhere and probably cause a fire..

actually i would love to have a setup like this for tailgaters.. 5 foot flames and loud explosions is one way to get someone off your ass really really quick.. imagine you are cruising on the highway and a guy is up your ass.. then you flip a switch that kills your ignition and fires up a spark plug in your exhaust.. if i had a beater car i would do this.. hehe

Comment

Chris86NA2T wrote: although i would usually call something like this gay, it always makes me laugh when i see flames shoot out of an exhaust.. if you were to interupt the signal wire to the power transistor would the comupter still fire the injectors? if not, how can you kill all spark without killing the injectors?that would be one way to dump fuel in the exhaust.. not that i would ever try it as im sure it would blast off an exhaust pipe somewhere and probably cause a fire..

actually i would love to have a setup like this for tailgaters.. 5 foot flames and loud explosions is one way to get someone off your ass really really quick.. imagine you are cruising on the highway and a guy is up your ass.. then you flip a switch that kills your ignition and fires up a spark plug in your exhaust.. if i had a beater car i would do this.. hehe
            I dont know, how would that work? would the ECU even fire the injectors if it didnt detect any spark?

Comment

"Yay, my car is on fire!"
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

I like this anti-tailgator concept. I've always said that I've wanted to hire a redneck to put a cattle gaurd on the back of his truck and go around brake-checking people to get society to jump off my bumper.

Maybe what I really need is a lighted sign in the hatch that says "JUMP OFF MY ASS" at the flick of a switch.
                My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: I like this anti-tailgator concept. I've always said that I've wanted to hire a redneck to put a cattle gaurd on the back of his truck and go around brake-checking people to get society to jump off my bumper.

Maybe what I really need is a lighted sign in the hatch that says "JUMP OFF MY ASS" at the flick of a switch.
                  Ive often though of a L.E.D. sign that I could quickly type in a message to other drivers telling them how they fucked up in traffic.

Then the oblivious ones may start to get a clue.

SATAN, saving the world one idiot at a time.

Comment

I actually bought the little flamethrower kit off ebay a long time ago and never installed it. I make plenty of flame without a kit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Butter wrote: I actually bought the little flamethrower kit off ebay a long time ago and never installed it. I make plenty of flame without a kit.
                      See, I make flame out of my tail pipe too but its more like a torch. Its not big poofy flame like that picture above. Allthough I doubt you could get it like that, unless the car had lots of fuel left in the exhaust and it was at idle.

Comment

It you are doing shit like this, make it double as an anit-lag system as well

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

300zxt wrote:

"Yay, my car is on fire!"
                          Wrong picture

Fixed for joo :P

Comment

84z31 Wrote:
                            gay.
                            I second that. I just don't see the point in that. If i wanted a car that blew flames out the exhaust id buy another rotary . :twisted:

What is so good about a fake thing like that anyway. Hopefully you burn your rear bumper off, and, possibly realize it was a ghey idea all along.

Comment

William86Turbo wrote: 84z31 Wrote:
                              gay.
                              I second that. I just don't see the point in that. If i wanted a car that blew flames out the exhaust id buy another rotary . :twisted:

What is so good about a fake thing like that anyway. Hopefully you burn your rear bumper off, and, possibly realize it was a ghey idea all along.
                              My dad had a mazda that shot flames. Frequently used when racing other people to shoot flames up there hood

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                              X