No announcement yet.

Open dump wastegate is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^That's the normal price. Try honda-tech.com Everyone there uses Tials and springs get sold left and right for like $20 shipped.
    Or even turbomustangs.com
    1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
    2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: Can anyone possibly get a link to a clip of an open dump sound?i've only heard a bov :lol:
      http://videos.streetfire.net/search/z31 ... 667ca9.htm
      I was running a dump in this vid. All you can hear is my car spool and spin it's tires. heh heh :twisted:

Comment

That kinda looks like it's modeled on the Porsche/Audi/etc valve body. I wonder if one of those would be the same....

Otherwise I'd check those forums for used ones. Surely no one wants a 6-9 psi spring.
        http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Signal 12 wrote:
            Precision Pt-6176
            Tubular turbo manifold
            Z32TT Pump
            450cc DSM injectors
            MGP intake
            60mm TB
            44mm ext. wastegate
            P&P Heads
            1mm oversize Ferrea valves
            Shneider cams
            3"in/out FMIC
            TurboXS RFL BOV
            3" turbo back
            Adj. cam gears
            E-Fan
            Iridium Plugs & Wires
            Romulator
            Lm-1 Wideband

Not quite together yet...but progressing

Comment

I dont think its very fair to the environment when you guys run open dumps. I'm going to turn you guys in.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

hahaha ya you assholes,stop fuckin up the atmosphere
                87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

I think we call these screamer pipes here, and yes they do scare the shit out of old ladies walking down the street :P

Comment

Maybe over there in the desert they do lol
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

If you have an electronic boost controller you can here the pulse width of it when it opens and closes.

Mine doesnt just stay open at full boost. You can hear it open and close about 3 or 4 times every second.

Comment

they pulsate? seams like a steady flow would be easier on things, but i guess really fast pulsation doesn't matter...
                        My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                        My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                        207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: they pulsate? seams like a steady flow would be easier on things, but i guess really fast pulsation doesn't matter...
                          If you have an electronic boost controller they pulsate. They do it because the boost controller (mine at least) doesnt know how to keep the valve partially open. if it open it to long then you loose boost, to short and you build too much boost.

The electronic BC is just a switch. It sees full boost and opens, when it drops below full boost it shuts. That is why it pulses. Thats how it regulates.

Comment

yeah i figured it was because of the electric thing, I just assumed they'd have a voltage-sensing something or other on there instead of just a pulsing on-off solenoid. Obviously that works fine for them though.

I've never given that subject too much thought 'till now.
                            My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                            My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                            207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
                            X