Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Intercooler Set Up Installed. Lost 3 PSI Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should all of the people having their posts recomending checking for leaks just have their posts deleted for containing stupid adivce or be left alone.

I guess this is a bit of a poll question, as from the information given, this advice is just silly on a stupid level. Question for the regular users, how much nonsense should the moderators allow to be posted? deleting all of the stupid stuff is impossible and only makes people mad that they got canned, but sending someone chasing their tail is equally lame.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote:
      Get a boost controller and take the manifold as your pressure source, not the compressor housing. Anything below 8-9PSI boost and it is useless to have an intercooler on there anyway. Turn it up!
      Do you think this will also help spool the turbo faster with an electronic boost controller? With my Greddy Profec b off (15psi spring) my tires break loose but when I turn it on to LOW boost(18psi) it has more turbo lag and the tires don't break loose when the boost kicks in. I also have the GAIN knob set all the way clockwise. What do you think is causing this slow response with the EBC on?
      Shiro #443

Comment

[quote]Rick88ss wrote:
        Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
        Get a boost controller and take the manifold as your pressure source, not the compressor housing. Anything below 8-9PSI boost and it is useless to have an intercooler on there anyway. Turn it up!

Do you think this will also help spool the turbo faster with an electronic boost controller? With my Greddy Profec b off (15psi spring) my tires break loose but when I turn it on to LOW boost(18psi) it has more turbo lag and the tires don't break loose when the boost kicks in. I also have the GAIN knob set all the way clockwise. What do you think is causing this slow response with the EBC on?
        You may have your pots set wrong on the back. If the newer ones you can set it up a couple different ways. You may have it set up backwards.

look here to see how yours is set and if its right http://www.fd3s.net/profec_install.html
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

could be the ebc doing it's job blocking the wastegate and without it the wastegate creeps open more gently

btw the npr is tube and fin isn't it?

Comment

It's set up for external wastegate. It has faster response with it off.
            Shiro #443

Comment

Wear is your vaccum source for the wastegate? If it is still on the turbo, move it to the intake plenum.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: It's set up for external wastegate. It has faster response with it off.
                Is yours a spec II? Mine I can set when it starts to apply pressure to the wg, works fine hooked up for an actuator type with only the bottom hose connected on the WG. I didn't bother switching it because it seems rock solid this way.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                  Originally posted by Rick88ss
                  It's set up for external wastegate. It has faster response with it off.
                  Is yours a spec II? Mine I can set when it starts to apply pressure to the wg, works fine hooked up for an actuator type with only the bottom hose connected on the WG. I didn't bother switching it because it seems rock solid this way.
                  Rick, your BC should allow you to build full boost before the waste gate ever sees any pressure thus creating faster spool (if you want it set up like this). If it is off then it is supposed to just "ignore" the BC thus starting to open at 50% of full spring pressure and making sluggish boost like is supposed to. Nomal for no BC and just waste gate.

Somthing is not right.
                  85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                  X