Pathfinder plenum piping for turbo Z31 w/ AC ... updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder plenum piping for turbo Z31 w/ AC ... updated

Here's what I got so far. 2.5" piping from the turbocharger to the TB. Yes, 2.5", because I plan to upgrade the turbo later. I am running 2.5" piping leading from the MAS to the turbocharger underneath the motor mount.
    Now I have to find somewhere else to mount the boost sensor, but that is the least of my problems. The valve covers are getting powdercoated "red", the same color as the valve covers on the 450SX being built at EllisAutoWorkZ.

I have noticed a little more turbo lag, but its still nothing worth mentioning about. I do however notice more torque, and even more so around the higher RPM ranges, where the stock plenum starts to choke the engine. Now I have to dig into the ECCS and retune it a little bit to take more advantage of this plenum.

Oh ya, I'm still waiting on my powdercoated vavle covers, so right now I have a borrowed set. :evil:

more pictures and information about this installation at http://www.zrelated.com

(Jason, you can use these pictures for your TURBO FAQ)
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Very cool. Do you plan to eventually use an intercooler assembly or stick with meth injection? It would be interesting to see just how much power you can make with an upgraded turbo, the meth injection and no IC.

Keep up the good work.

The turbo inlet tube looks nice too. How many cut/welds was it? Would you like me to add it to the custom turbo inlet page in the turbo FAQ?

Comment

Intercoolers are not on the list as of right now. I want to just stick with the methanol injection just to see what it can do alone, without an intercooler.

The turbo inlet piping is actually made of a bunch straight pipe cut at 10 degress on each side. ( I ran out of bends) so it is alot of cutting and welding. I will post some better pictures of everything when all the welds are cleaned up (I'm welding with a stick welder ) and the pipes are painted. You can use those for the turbo FAQ.
      2000 Porsche Boxster
      2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Are you eventually goin to take out the a/c?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

WaZZ300 wrote: Are you eventually goin to take out the a/c?
          If he lives in Florida, and went through the trouble of finding a pathfinder tensioner bracket to fit the pathy plenum, and making the piping clear the compressor... I don't think so.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
            Originally posted by WaZZ300
            Are you eventually goin to take out the a/c?
            If he lives in Florida, and went through the trouble of finding a pathfinder tensioner bracket to fit the pathy plenum, and making the piping clear the compressor... I don't think so.
            O....

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

yeah, I need at least one Z with A/C to take the ladies out with :lol:
              2000 Porsche Boxster
              2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

which ladies would those be?

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
                good thing....

Comment

autoworkZ wrote: which ladies would those be?
                  My Z has fit 5 ladies and myself, ask me how I know. It's the pimp wagon!

Comment

It should also be noticed that using the Pathfinder a/c bracket to lower the a/c compressor would also give more clearance for intercooler piping leading over the top of the a/c compressor to the stock plenum.
                    2000 Porsche Boxster
                    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Working...
                    X