exhaust housing boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust housing boring

where is the best shop i can send my t3 exhaust side to be bored? iv read jasons pages but i figure they were old and there were some updated shops that do a good job. i want to be able to put like a stage 5 or maby stage 3 wheel...but im not sure.

exhaust housing boring

I had mine done at a local welding/machine shop for a stage 3 exhaust wheel. It was very easy.
    Black 1986 300zx Turbo coupe (Chuki)
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...86-Turbo-Coupe
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pewter 1986 300zx N/A 2 Turbo 2+2 (Chuki)
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...9;s-1986-300zx

Comment

yeah any welding/machine shop can do it, ive done 3 this year myself. just need a mill and a 5" boring jig, its really easy.
      Gary
      87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
      current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

Comment

Grr wrote: yeah any welding/machine shop can do it, ive done 3 this year myself. just need a mill and a 5" boring jig, its really easy.
        Gary
        Most machine shops won't touch it, at least nowhere around here. I know turbonetics does not offer it anymore, but you can probably find a place if you're motivated.

Comment

wait so all i need is a milling machiene and a 5 inch boring jig?...because i have acess to a bridgeport and i might even have boreing jigs...i just didnr know it was that easy....also for a stage 3 wheel how big do i have to go...and for a stage 5...?....and where do i get a "boring jig" if i dont have acess to one?

Comment

well if you dont have access to one, they are a couple hundred bucks to buy, and im sure you cant rent one anywhere. Just take it to a machine shop and ask, bring the assembled turbo so they have the right clearances, there is a couple around here that do it, but it might be about $75. also, crazy in post 2, i did that one, its a stage 3 wheel on a 60 trim, and it fits the car perfect. 7lbs at about 2800, and it pulls to 7 no prob. I think for a street car, the stage 3 is the way to go. but it will start restricting around 400whp.
            Gary
            87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
            current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

Comment

Working...
            X