Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does complete engine weigh? Also turbo question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does complete engine weigh? Also turbo question.

Just trying to get an idea.

Also, has anyone had any experience with a P-trim T4 exhaust wheel with a .84 ish A/R housing? (Spool time, top end restriction) I have 2 housings for a full T4 a friend gave me. The .84 w/ a t3 flange and a 1.15 A/R. I'm looking for 450-500 hp of flow and not sure which will give me the best balance.
    Thanks guys.

is the 1.15 a divided housing? if so, and the .84 is open i assume, they are virtually the same as far as spool is concerned. a big divided housing is generally a tad better for top end. the p-trim in either would be very good for 4-500whp, and im assuming its going on a 60mm turbo? spool should be around 32-3400 to 10+ psi. and have no top end restriction.
    Gary
    87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
    current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

Comment

the engine weighs around 500 lbs with all accessories i believe
      Funny stories!

Comment

Both housings are divided.
        I was considering the .84 since it already had the t3 flange on it, but didn't know if it would be worth it to use the 1.15 and get an adapter (space is my concern) And it will be paired with around a 60mm compressor, haven't decided on which one yet. Any suggestions?

Comment

yeah i didnt see that. just stay with the .84 t3, it will be just fine. being its divided, its actually like a .63 open like the stocker, just alot more efficient up top. knowing this, a p trim will spool pretty fast and i would go with a 66mm compressor. You better get some big cams too though, cause this will want to pull to 7000 really bad. doubt you will max out that combo.
          87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
          current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the input. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

homestar wrote: the engine weighs around 500 lbs with all accessories i believe
              I doubt it weighs that much. I had a block and crank weighed at a shipping company, and the total was about 160 pounds.
              Chuck Stong
              300+ Parts and Performance owner
              http://www.300-plus.com
              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I know the VG30DET with transmission weighs 576 pounds, so Id guess the VG30ET would have to weigh a bit under 500 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                X