Fuel Pressure Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure Issues

Hey guys, this isnt necessarily z31 related, but your the most knowlegeable folk i know.

So here it goes,

Is it possible to have an aftermarket fuel pump output too much fuel pressure for a factory fuel pressure regualtor to regulate properly.

Whats happening is my aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump (http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=3)
    is causing the fuel pressure to spike up to 65 PSI whereas the factory setting should be 42.3 PSI. The engine the pump is fueling is a VH45DE.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

84_z31 wrote: Hey guys, this isnt necessarily z31 related, but your the most knowlegeable folk i know.

So here it goes,

Is it possible to have an aftermarket fuel pump output too much fuel pressure for a factory fuel pressure regualtor to regulate properly.

Whats happening is my aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump (http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=3)
    is causing the fuel pressure to spike up to 65 PSI whereas the factory setting should be 42.3 PSI. The engine the pump is fueling is a VH45DE.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.
    it may be possible.. a friend of mine with a 1g talon claims that this can happen on their cars.. ive never seen it myself though

Comment

Yes it is DEFFINATLY possible. esspecialy at idle. I would think it would be LIKLEY to happen with the 1000 and stock regulator, if thats what you have.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: Yes it is DEFFINATLY possible. esspecialy at idle. I would think it would be LIKLEY to happen with the 1000 and stock regulator, if thats what you have.
        and the answer is use two! our fpr's have two in ports which can be bridged together to equalize each fpr and the remaining two ports for the fuel rails...

and no worries about high costs

Comment

Working...
        X