injectors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors ?

Hello, First post..anyways I just bought an 1984 300zx turbo, it does not have the original motor in it as was a non-turbo car before, and they guy I bought it from put a vg30et into it, when I bought it from him, there was non turbo injectors installed instead of the turbo ones, the car was really sluggish and has a horrible horrible miss, so I gave it a full tune up and bought brand new turbo injectors and installed them..but that miss is still there, it feels like I have no compression, but when I floor it and it does catch and boost kicks in the car goes like it should...I dont have a boost gauge so I cannot tell if I am getting full boost or not..and when i start it, it will idle and then die, it will stay on for maybe 5-15 seconds then act like it going to die, then it was cut out and die, there is an exhaust leak in my crossover pipe, I think it is there anyways, but dont think and exhaust leak would cause this much of a problem...any help is much appreciated..thanks

try disconnecting your afm. if it idles smooth that is your problem
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

allright thanks I will try that...

Comment

2nd the maf. But i would suggest doing a compression test also.

Comment

yeah I was thinking about a compression test as well, but as we all know pullin plugs in this motor is a PITA, im glad my car came with the full stock tool kit...even a can of air that hasnt been used...but I will try the afm and let yall know..thanks for the quick replies

Comment

Welcome to Z31Performance!

Did you check for ECU codes yet?
            "produce first.talk second."

Comment

Plugs are actually very easy to do on these engines. All you need is a long extention.

It sounds like you have a bad spark plug. It is probably fouled. A bad plug would cause a miss at lower RPM, but under heavy load it might fire. It could also be a bad plug wire. As far as the stalling after startup, that could be a bad O2 sensor or an air leak.
              86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

StreetFighter wrote: Plugs are actually very easy to do on these engines. All you need is a long extention.
                Or you could always use the spark plug tool that came with the car!
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

yeah I change the plugs right when i got the car because I thought the miss was coming from them, so I know how it is changing plugs, I have the stock tool it came with so it was a breeze, it is just a pain for me because with the plugs wires cause I have a little bit of what we call a weight problem and I got fat hands...lol...I have not checked the ecu for codes yet, I will do that asap, and get back to you guys...thanks alot for all your help, I have an off topic ?, how much would it cost me to get a BOV flange welded onto a 3" IC pipe...I am going to be running a greddy type RS BOV on a 3" pipe, I know the piping is a little overkill but it was cheap and accessable...thanks again

Comment

Before you go and buy useless shit,make the car run properly first..Check the TPS,ive had alot of issues with mine.I thought it wasnt important but i was wrong,adjust the bastard properly and see what happens.
                    Straya, +61

Comment

Working...
                    X