New Griffin radiator pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Griffin radiator pics

Some pics of my new Griffin radiator. It's a dual pass 2 row (1 1/4" tubes) with an aluminum shroud and Spal 2300 cfm. I still have to make some mounting brackets for it.

Shiro #443

Wow that's pretty nice and real close to stock location for the outlets, how much did that cost you?
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

a pretty penny....or two.
      Shiro #443

Comment

Thats nice Rick. Was that a custom order or do they stock that size?

Comment

didn't screw up like satan I see ;P

Comment

Wow! thats nice! pretty much just like mine. slightly narrower and shorter but same thickness. By it being smaller it lines up much better than mine did too. I think mine cost me about 220-250 cant remember. I love that alluminum shroud you have though. That is the shit!

85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

G-E wrote: didn't screw up like satan I see ;P
              I hate you :P
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

It doesnt look like you have a/c. But I see a condenser? Anyhow it looks great! price, where did you buy it and part #?
                Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
                Originally posted by BoostedMamma
                Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Ultimately I want to get the AC working so I'm leaving the condenser in there.
                  The radiator is a semi custom order. I think the core size is off the shelf but the inlet/outlet size and location is custom. I also wanted it without a radiator cap. The radiator is about $300,the fan is $120,custom shroud and install is about $150. Now let's see if it works as good as it looks. It also looks like I'm gonna be able to use the stock hoses. Just have to trim them a little.
                  Shiro #443

Comment

[quote=SATAN]Wow! thats nice! pretty much just like mine. slightly narrower and shorter but same thickness. By it being smaller it lines up much better than mine did too. I think mine cost me about 220-250 cant remember. I love that alluminum shroud you have though. That is the shit!

Thanks.......Summit racing also sells aluminum radiator shrouds. You gotta check the sizes they have
                    Shiro #443

Comment

Looking good Rick

La fiebre
                      1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: Thanks.......Summit racing also sells aluminum radiator shrouds. You gotta check the sizes they have
                        any shop with a press-brake can bend the sheet to fit, cutting it to size is trivial, probably cost $50 to have one made locally

Comment

"wa wa wee wee! very nice!"
                          [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                          [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                          2000 Porsche Boxster
                          2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Yep that's cool. Is there a reason people aren't using the AFCO radiator anymore? Yikes just checked the price and it's up to $230 and shipping.
                            Hey Rick it looks like your hood barely closes with those ic pipes. Got more pics? I've got the same core and the piping on mine is a screwed up mix of 2", 2.25", & 2.5" and there's one hellacious bend I'd like to change. Mine looks just like the JWT kit but surely they would change pipe size in midstream.
                            http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/IN ... LAYOUT.PDF

Comment

I don't like griffon rads because they are not rebuildable, or at least mine is not. It sprung a leak, and no one could fix it, and it was out of warranty. I think the tubes were epoxied to the header plate or something. Its been a while, but I have stayed away since. They might have changed their design, but after being burned once...
                              Chuck Stong
                              300+ Parts and Performance owner
                              http://www.300-plus.com
                              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
                              X