Block off plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK85ZX wrote: Question for Chuck--

Will the kits include bolts? I think this would be wanted as well, since you can't use the old ones for the most part without washers. Putting some pretty stainless ones in would probably draw alot of attention
    Agreed. Let us know when you have pricing figured out, etc.

Comment

yeah lets get these in production, I really need my car runnin...lol...no really...

Comment

OK85ZX wrote: Question for Chuck--

Will the kits include bolts? I think this would be wanted as well, since you can't use the old ones for the most part without washers. Putting some pretty stainless ones in would probably draw alot of attention
        I can include bolts. Who wants stainless? I plan on making these starting Monday.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

+1 for stainless.

Comment

can I prepay for a set...they look great, I dont care what kind of bolts are used, something that will keep them on..thanks alot...

Comment

mark26Z31 wrote: can I prepay for a set...they look great, I dont care what kind of bolts are used, something that will keep them on..thanks alot...
              same here, let me know where i can pay upppp

Comment

jeez, people, you're Z31 guys! You need to ratchet up the DIY spirit in yourselves, or you're gonna have a HAAAARD time with your cars!

I just cut some plate steel I had lying around, drilled holes, and siliconed 'er on. No big thing!
                88ss, MegaSquirted.
                t3/t4 60-1 cold, stage 3 hot, FMIC
                450cc DSM injectors, walbro 255
                http://www.z-toys.com/ Boost gauge and MS info

Comment

tmbg wrote: jeez, people, you're Z31 guys! You need to ratchet up the DIY spirit in yourselves, or you're gonna have a HAAAARD time with your cars!

I just cut some plate steel I had lying around, drilled holes, and siliconed 'er on. No big thing!
                  Most of us have already made block off plates. In my case I have made 2 sets using crappy plate and rigged up washers/bolts. I just want something nice and I don't have the time to do it right.

Comment

yeah, some mass produced machine cut plates wouldn't be a bad thing for the community, it's not like they will cost a billion dollars, this is one thing most of us cheap asses can afford pretty easily

Comment

agreed, I would do it, but I dont have any metal layin around...and shit...stainless bolts, thats a pussy getter right there....no I just dont want to take the chance of doin it wrong...I have confidence in doing it myself, but If I can get some professionally made, I would fell better...when I install them, can I just cut the wiring out to them and cover the ends, or what should I do..thanks for all the replies...

Comment

tmbg wrote: jeez, people, you're Z31 guys! You need to ratchet up the DIY spirit in yourselves, or you're gonna have a HAAAARD time with your cars!

I think that too many try to do things themselves as it is. I like to see business come my way as it helps keep my shop open. If enough people want a part, I will make it. At least with these block off plates, the cost should be pretty cheap with the current demand.
                        Chuck Stong

Comment

I have the templates almost done yesterday. They will be completed today, and I will have some ready to ship starting tomorrow. Price will be $40 will regular old screws. Stainless will be extra, but I have not priced them out yet. Shipping extra but should not be much I they will fit in a padded envelope, say $8. I will update with actual amount. Send paypal to mailto:stongc@300-plus.com or call me, pm, for other type.
                          Chuck Stong

Comment

money sent..I cant wait..lol...like a little kid...

Comment

Firehawk wrote: I have the templates almost done yesterday. They will be completed today, and I will have some ready to ship starting tomorrow. Price will be $40 will regular old screws. Stainless will be extra, but I have not priced them out yet. Shipping extra but should not be much I they will fit in a padded envelope, say $8. I will update with actual amount. Send paypal to mailto:stongc@300-plus.com or call me, pm, for other type.
                              what all is included in the "kit" ?

Comment

The kit per se, will inlcude all the block off plates (painted, too) and bolts to mount them. I am also going to buy some stainless bolts, and later, some stainless sheets if they are not too expensive.

Too bad the only color will be pink :twisted:

J/K
                                Chuck Stong

Comment

Working...
                                X