Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to purchase a stock turbo radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to purchase a stock turbo radiator?

I'm looking to purchase a stock factory Z31 turbo radiator. Tia

Z running hot while cruzing and boosting on th highway, but cools back down when idle. Z runs around 94-98cc.........way too hot for me. :x

autozone... or dealership.

Comment

radiators.com sells them for like $140 if I recall correctly.

now and then they pop up on ebay for $100 to $120+SH. Be sure it says TURBO so you know it's a dual core.

Comment

i know someone who will be selling a used one if you are interested....

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: radiators.com sells them for like $140 if I recall correctly.

now and then they pop up on ebay for $100 to $120+SH. Be sure it says TURBO so you know it's a dual core.
          Can you actually look at the radiator and tell that its a 2 row and not a one row radiator? I purchased a new one at O'rielley auto parts store and it should be in today.

Comment

[quote]milo wrote:
            Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
            radiators.com sells them for like $140 if I recall correctly.

Can you actually look at the radiator and tell that its a 2 row and not a one row radiator? I purchased a new one at O'rielley auto parts store and it should be in today.
            Yeah, the core thickness on the two core will be almost as thick as the endtanks, while the single is half as thick (maybe about an inch total?).

Comment

You can look through the lower hose outlet and see the 2 rows
              Shiro #443

Comment

I have the stock radiator off my SS that I'm not using since I put in an aluminum to facilitate my IC install
                88ss, MegaSquirted.
                t3/t4 60-1 cold, stage 3 hot, FMIC
                450cc DSM injectors, walbro 255
                http://www.z-toys.com/ Boost gauge and MS info

Comment

Wow, your radiator must have some crapola in it or something. I've never seen mine get hot. Then again, the only time I did any hard track driving was on a ~5*c day. And i'm also just using the stock gauge, so who knows how warm it is, really.
                  My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                  My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                  207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Definitely check the core. I have ordered turbo dual core rads and they ended up only having one. I normally keep them in stock, but am out right now. I will order more next week, so if anyone needs them (or any other part) just let me know.
                    Chuck Stong
                    300+ Parts and Performance owner
                    http://www.300-plus.com
                    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
                    X