plug size for boost reference port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug size for boost reference port?

anybody have this info off-hand, so I can go ahead and pick one up? I'll carry the compressor housing to the store if I have to....

Thanks!
    vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
    2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Whatchoo talkin bout?

standard 5mm or 6mm vacuum hose?
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

yeah, but I just want to plug it. nice and neat-like ;D

Comment

I THINK those are tapped with NPT size, 1/4 or maybe 1/8". At any rate I believe all the garret ones are the same thread. I just brought the fitting with me to the hardware, you might try that ;-)

Comment

Thanks Jason, I'll do that.

you know, I've been looking around, and there doesn't appear to be too much detail about how you've rigged up your wastegate actuator.

I just bought a 'universal bracket' from ATP and a new actuator, as the stock one is old, and has a bracket welded to it....

I also ordered a cobra-head and a section of 3in stainless pipe, and had planned on getting it bent, and then I found that you'd suggested that on your site ;D

everything go OK with the horn payment?

Comment

grahfz wrote: Thanks Jason, I'll do that.

you know, I've been looking around, and there doesn't appear to be too much detail about how you've rigged up your wastegate actuator.

I just bought a 'universal bracket' from ATP and a new actuator, as the stock one is old, and has a bracket welded to it....
            It was actually really easy. All I did was take a small piece of angle steel and drill a few holes, then use a throttle return spring to give it some more spring tension. It bolts to the back of the compressor housing with the bolts that secure it and then the actuator just bolts on to it. I can try to take some pictures later this week and post them.

I got the horn payment, he has not placed the order yet because the distributor contact is on vacation all week. I'll let everyone know on that thread when they arrive.

Comment

Cool deal.

I can see where you're going with it. The angle steel replicates the mounting point fashioned into the housing of the stock turbo.

Comment

grahfz wrote: Cool deal.

I can see where you're going with it. The angle steel replicates the mounting point fashioned into the housing of the stock turbo.
                Exactly. Here's a picture of one I made very quickly (it literally took me all of 4 mins to make) out of aluminum back when I installed that ebay turbo of doom, I then adapted it to fit the 60-1. I ended up making a much nicer looking one out of steel that did not flex at all, painting the whole assembly... much better.

Wow, it's strange looking at my old gimpy setup pictures. Copper piping bend... custom heat shield... even a rusty engine mount...

Comment

Working...
                X