Radiators in Aus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiators in Aus...

Anyone know how much I might be able to pick up a brand new radiator for an 85 NA? I sent an email to Adelaide Z cars but they havnt replied to me yet.

Cheers for the help..

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
    1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Nissan is the only place for a brand new one, I think I said on another thread somewhere radiators are hard to get here... Your best bet is to order an aftermarket rad from the U.S, even with the costs of shipping you'll still come out on top vs getting a brand new oem replacement.

Or you can visit a radiator place in your area and see what they can offer you, PWR radiators are excellent but you certainly pay for what you get and it wont be a drop in replacement.
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Yeh I understand its not gonna be the most easiest thing to achieve lol... Would any place that sells them ship them over from Japan or something? Otherwise, what aftermarket radiator would work?

It scaring me to death now, one of these days soon my engine is gonna seize I just know it.

Cheers for your help.

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Call Bill at A1 Radiator Repairs, they did mine. 1300 781 228, By memory they got a brand new core and welded the end tanks off mine. It wasn't cheap though, ended up being $900 fitted but most of that was labour. Nissan want about $450 for a brand new radiator.

Comment

When did you send the email?

Hey man, when did you send Adelaide Z cars the email? I had trouble getting onto them too but they told me they've been having internet trouble. Maybe try them again, or even call em. They're nice guys to deal with!

Comment

Re: When did you send the email?

MrSifter wrote: Hey man, when did you send Adelaide Z cars the email? I had trouble getting onto them too but they told me they've been having internet trouble. Maybe try them again, or even call em. They're nice guys to deal with!
            I sent them an email probably over a week ago now, & I have got no reply. I'd call them up but I'm not entirely sure what I'm after, Id much rather just go down there & talk to them personally about what I need, but its just so far to drive for me. If I still had my license I'd go down there right now, but its hard to get my mate to drive me everywhere in my car. :P

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

I'd give em a call anyway, they're really quite helpful - when I got a fuel sender unit, I wasn't entirely sure what I was asking fro but they described the part quite well and offered assistance with installation! Even if they don't have the part, theyd be able to give a list of radiators that they'd reccomend, and probably where to get them in Oz.

Comment

Finally got the email today...

175 for a reconditioned radiator & the 3 hours to change it. $66 an hour so thats round about 320 bux all up.

I think thats pretty damn good, it just depends how well the radiator is reconditioned, thats all I'm worried about.

Also gave me some information on where to get some reconditioned struts for my bonnet, didnt give me a number or email just told me that some guy in Glenelg does em lol.. :roll:

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Id be wanting a more defined description than "reconditioned" you should ask them what you're getting exactly.

It might be better to just take this chance to upgrade to an aluminium one. Search around for what people have done, it might cost you a bit more but u'll never have to upgrade again.

Comment

I'd buy an aluminium one, but I would most likely install it myself... I know its more expensive & therefore I'll save on installation. Hopefully I have some luck with it lol. :roll:

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

oi get a radiator from the blokes I got one from. I'm sure they'll sell you one and let you install it. Hell I'm sure they will after the rooting around they went through doing mine :P

Bonnet struts, get brand new ones from Black Dragon Auto in the states, my shit arrived today for my front end. Got here in 7 days :P

The struts are 20 bucks brand new from them.

Comment

Ok where abouts did you get yours done? 8)

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

zed-031 wrote: Call Bill at A1 Radiator Repairs, they did mine. 1300 781 228, By memory they got a brand new core and welded the end tanks off mine. It wasn't cheap though, ended up being $900 fitted but most of that was labour. Nissan want about $450 for a brand new radiator.
                          :P
                          They come out to you.

If you get the radiator out ready for them, then you put the thing in when they're done it will be less than half what I payed. That was in the old days when I was too scared to do any work on the car myself and I ended up paying $450 labour. I learnt pretty quick you gotta pick up the tools and do it yourself.

Comment

Ahhh my bad. :P

Yeah, I did contemplate about whether I should give it a shot or not, but it does mean taking my car off the road for a weekend or so, so I dont fuck anything up in the process. Be good if I had some more muscle to help me.

1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Taking it all off by yourself is easy, putting the bumper back on by yourself is the tricky part you'll probably need a hand with to keep it straight. In that case anyone will do, they dont have to be strong :P

Comment

Working...
                              X