oil cooler line replacement..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil cooler line replacement..

im just getting started on replacing my leaking stock oil cooler lines with braided stainless hose and i have a couple questions.. i looked at the ports coming off of the adapter thats bolted to the block. i didnt have any measuring tools, but im guessing they are 18X1.5.. does anyone know this size for sure? how about the ports on the cooler itself? also, -8 or -10 hose? i think im gonna use -8..

my plan so far is as follows: metric to An adapters off of the adapter block to braided hose, to bulkhead fitting to pass through the fender.. then braided lines to metric adapters at the cooler. hopefully i can find all the correct metric adapters and not have to use any weld fittings..

if anyone has this information it would be very helpful, otherwise i will measure everything and post it with pictures when i am done. thanks

I am way too tired to think about all that.

But I can tell you what else you can do. Take the hose assembly to a hydraulic shop or a parts store that makes hydraulic hoses. They can cut off the collars and put new hoses on the old fittings. Some will say they can't. It is just a company policy thing or they don't want to do the work. Keep asking around. For $20-30 you can get hydraulic hose that will last for decades in such a low pressure/heat environment. (relative to what they are designed to work in that is)

I did mine at my old store and should have made up a few more. They could have been worth some real good money.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

yea, i know i could make my life much simpler, but i have this strange addiction to braided hose and AN fittings.

Comment

Working...
      X