No announcement yet.

oil starvation on road courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my engine is the vg33. Chris, my roomate is going to the glen a couple of times this year and i plan on going with him. I will keep you informed. Also a dozen or so zccr members go every summer and I am going with them. Where do you live. I am in rochester ny.

Comment

zmainiac wrote: my engine is the vg33. Chris, my roomate is going to the glen a couple of times this year and i plan on going with him. I will keep you informed. Also a dozen or so zccr members go every summer and I am going with them. Where do you live. I am in rochester ny.
      Im down in Binghamton, only about an hour and a half away from the track. Def. keep me posted about when you go. Like i said before, autocross is starting to get realllllly boring.
      1987 300zx N/A 5 speed 172,XXX miles--K+N intake, 240sx TB, MGP gutted intake plenum, Jacobs Ignition, Jacobs 8.8mm wires, Hotshot Headers, Magnaflow catalytic converter, Borla cat-back exhaust, short throw shifter, and cupholders. Can't fit the rest... 3.6 stroker kit and some cams coming soon!!!!

Comment

devitor wrote: Im down in Binghamton, only about an hour and a half away from the track. Def. keep me posted about when you go. Like i said before, autocross is starting to get realllllly boring.
        I got into track days because i wanted more experience time than a 2 minute autocross can give me. I took a ~$200 course at a new local track (MPH) and had an instructor for me to ask questions and to give me advice. I plan to going to their ~$60 open-track days now. Also, I overfilled my oil by a bit just in case. The extra windage loss doesn't bother me as much as the thought of oil starvation (even though my na donut tires don't pull anywhere near enough Gs for that). You got SO much more track time doing an event like that compared to autoX. For me, it's bang-for-buck.
        My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
        My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
        207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

No shit. I used to go down there a lot. The western ny scca does some events at the seneca army depot at the north end of seneca lake. They set it up on a runway. Supposedly you can get up to 80+. That would be about 2 hours for you but it might be worth it. They also do events at the batavia gokart track too. You can hit 90 on the straight aways. Its a small road course. Nyirp 1/4 mile track is just south of geneseo and its only 15 to race. Its a fast track too, my friend ran his gtp and did a 13.3 at nyirp. The next weekend he raced at englishtown and with the same setup ran a 13.8. I think it goes down hill. You could make a racing weekend out of it. We will have to keep in touch.

Comment

Working...
          X