going to a vg33!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to a vg33!!

after trashing my current motor i purchased a turbo motor from some kid for 100 bucks.. it turned out to be trash.. ok, it was a gamble.. i went to the junkyard this morning and found a 99 quest with 120k on it.. it had a minor front end collision and a moderate engine fire.. the guy sold me the motor for 150 bucks. only visible external damage aside from the flames is a small dent in a valve cover from a radiator pipe. ive been slowly reading all of the vg33 posts so im catching up pretty quick.. id like to know though, does anyone have a parts fiche that covers a VG33 engine? carfiche.com only has the factory service manual.. also, if anyone has the nissan part numbers handy for the following vg33 parts, it would be very very nice if you could post them. thanks

Piston rings
    Head gaskets
    rod bolts
    rod nuts

Damn, thats a good deal. Good luck with it.

Comment

How did you 'trash' your current motor?
      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: How did you 'trash' your current motor?
        http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4083

Comment

I am wondering if you have taken the heads off the trashed motor? What piston(s) is blown out?
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Welcome to the vg33 club. Our numbers are growing, and the torque is great.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Firehawk wrote: Welcome to the vg33 club. Our numbers are growing, and the torque is great.
              firehawk, i have a few questions for you.. mind if i pick your brain with a PM?

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
                Originally posted by Firehawk
                Welcome to the vg33 club. Our numbers are growing, and the torque is great.
                firehawk, i have a few questions for you.. mind if i pick your brain with a PM?
                Pick away. Its why I am here.
                Chuck Stong
                300+ Parts and Performance owner
                http://www.300-plus.com
                2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Could you do me a favor and check to see that the lower intake manifold from the vg33 mounts properly on a vg30 and that the ports/water passages are the same? I'd appreciate it.

Comment

got boost? wrote: Could you do me a favor and check to see that the lower intake manifold from the vg33 mounts properly on a vg30 and that the ports/water passages are the same? I'd appreciate it.
                    I dont see why they wouldnt line up. I dont believe they changed the intake water passages just the ones where the heads meet the deck of the block.

Right???
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

got boost? wrote: Could you do me a favor and check to see that the lower intake manifold from the vg33 mounts properly on a vg30 and that the ports/water passages are the same? I'd appreciate it.
                      i didnt try it up myself, but firehawk said it will work.. hes done enough of this kind of work to know this.. when i took my vg33 apart i didnt notice any obvious differences aside from the fuel rail hold down which is completly different.

Comment

I agree with you guys, just haven't heard from someone who has actually done it yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X