Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are VG30 and VG33 LOWER intakes interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are VG30 and VG33 LOWER intakes interchangeable?

It would help me to be able to use a lower from a VG33er in my Z, will it fit up in the place of the stock intake? This is being done to make mounting my intercooler easier. Will all of the water and air passages line up? Will I need to match port?

All the ports should match up, but the mounting sites for the fuel rail is totally different.
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Make sure you get the fuel rails from the 33 also, then use whatever size injectors you need.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
      1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
      2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

the later pathfinders/quest/villager use a squash type injector as I like to call them, I believe they allow you to use z32 style injectors which are easy to get in 550cc

Comment

G-E wrote: the later pathfinders/quest/villager use a squash type injector as I like to call them, I believe they allow you to use z32 style injectors which are easy to get in 550cc
          I actually have test fitted some z32 injectors into a villager 3.3 rail.
          They didn't work.
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: I actually have test fitted some z32 injectors into a villager 3.3 rail.
            They didn't work.
            Where abouts in the fitment didn't they work? Could it be remedied by enlarging the injector hole, or is the injector to tall?

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
            1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
            2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

[quote]NissanEgg wrote:
              Originally posted by craZed
              I actually have test fitted some z32 injectors into a villager 3.3 rail.
              They didn't work.
              Where abouts in the fitment didn't they work? Could it be remedied by enlarging the injector hole, or is the injector to tall?
              It was a couple years ago and i cant recall the exact issue, but I do remember it wasn't something as simple as enlarging the housings lower hole. I want to say at least a couple of dimensions of the lower half of the injector are too small.
              imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
              X