turbo arrived today.. possible issue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was the return reason?

and you are using the right address and packaging it well this time?

I've received like 10 packages this month via mail, 6 of those from the usa, and I've sent 4

what's wrong with you? heh

Comment

Dude, I have no clue.
      vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
      2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Track by Tracking Number
        Track by Tracking Number

Unable to track shipment "1Z R08 8A7 68 2183 173 3".

UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Remember, UPS Tracking Numbers appear in the following formats:
        1Z 999 999 99 9999 999 9
        9999 9999 999 9
        T999 9999 999

(1044)

Comment

I double checked that against the receipt, it matches.. probably just not in the system yet.,

Comment

Man, what a mess. Sounds like a bunch of clowns working over there. Thats bullshit. How do you let something like that go out the door? :roll: Oh yeah, I remember now, the majority of people don't give a shit about anything anymore whether it be personal character or workmanship.

Comment

copy and pasted the number out of my previous post, it shows up now.

1Z R08 8A7 68 2183 173 3

Comment

grahfz wrote: copy and pasted the number out of my previous post, it shows up now.

1Z R08 8A7 68 2183 173 3
                I think we are all having a problem with thread topicality. There is a PM system for a reason. Let's try to use it more.

Comment

Well, the car's together... again..

There was a TON of oil in the exhaust system.. it leaked out over time and left a small mess on the garage floor.

I've put about 10 miles on it, trying to burn out the oil.. but it's just not stopping.

It doesn't look like I've lost much, if any oil out of the engine... but with only ten miles on it, I'm going to run it a bit more to see if it clears out. I'm fearing the worst already for this one though.

but it does seem to rev sooo much cleaner.. and it seems like the exhaust is a bit louder.. but then again, I haven't really driven it since feb..

Comment

Damn, I hope that isn't a bad omen. You've been through enough BS with this turbo thing :x

I'm sure you know...but a little oil on the concrete looks like a lot more than it really is. But oil on the ground isn't a good sign.
                    Just stand back and throw money.
                    Performance costs money.
                    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I had some oil in the downpipe after my 200K mile T3 finally bit the dust. Took a couple days of driving to completely burn all that stuff out, there was a lot in there.

Comment

Thanks!

Was it about the same volumes of smoke as when the bad turbo was in there? Or could you tell a difference?

It does seem to stop if I just cruise it a bit.. but as soon as I get right back on it, it gives me volumes upon volumes of smoke.

Comment

It was less, and it slowly tapered off as I drove the car for longer periods of time. From your description there I have to fear maybe yours is leaking again :?

If it keeps going much longer, I think it might be time to call the BBB.

Comment

Maybe.. but I do only have about 10 miles on it..

And I'd much prefer to speak with them and offer to let them fix it first.

I'm getting tired of this car. I'm doing it to have fun, but I haven't been having much fun at all. It's getting time to sell it.

Comment

For what it's worth, I dealt with Majestic turbo in Waco a long time ago. At that time, I was about 1.5 hours drive from them so I decided to drop by and have them rebuild my turbo the same day while I waited. Made arrangements and watched them rebuild the entire thing, seemed to do a decent job from what I recall.

Long story short, the first rebuild was faulty - turbo smoked badly and lots of end shaft play after minutes of use. I brought it back a couple days later for a 2nd rebuild free of charge minus my 3 hour round trip drive. The 2nd rebuilt turbo was smoke free but i was still not very happy with end shaft play after several days of use. I sold the car shortly after so I don't know if it ever did self destruct.

Hope yours works out better.

Comment

grahfz wrote: I'm getting tired of this car. I'm doing it to have fun, but I haven't been having much fun at all. It's getting time to sell it.
                                You're letting a vendor, who keeps sending you the same faulty part, get you down about the entire car?

Comment

Working...
                                X