Ok, another idea for the TT setup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, another idea for the TT setup...

Two 57 trim T3/T04Es... only with a .48 rear. I had the same turbo with a .63 rear.

This guy that the head of the import place that leases out the same building with my shop suggested this. I think I'll never get them out of the surge area, but he's convinced it will work fine.

For a combined flow of over 80 lb/min, which could support some nice numbers later on...

I've tried mapping it out at not2fast.com, and i still get t3 50s or better yet, 16Gs as a good size.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

I'm going to say that would be a very laggy combination. The two small 16G's IMO would be the best and most cost-effective option. As an alternate two T25's with upgraded compressors would support a bit over 550hp, not wuite your goal I know but I have two of those sitting in my garage in need of rebuild ;-)

Comment

I also have a T25 that needs the seals replaced. Actually, now that I think about it, it would be cool to make a custom TT setup with a couple spare T25's.
      Originally posted by Andrew84zx
      tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
      545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I think the best setup would be a pair of some GT2540Rs

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I'm going to say that would be a very laggy combination. The two small 16G's IMO would be the best and most cost-effective option. As an alternate two T25's with upgraded compressors would support a bit over 550hp, not wuite your goal I know but I have two of those sitting in my garage in need of rebuild ;-)
          What's up with them?
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

They're just sitting there, all rusty and stuff. One was off an 88T with 250K miles, one was 120K miles but both have shaft play and obviously need rebuilds. I was planning on selling them each on ebay bacause people have been telling me honda guys love them and should bid them up pretty good. I think steve88t told me he sold them for over $200.

More money is always nice, but if you are interested PM me and we can work something out.

Comment

I'm gonna be buying new, but thanks though.

I still need to give you money for those Hella things, anyway. Also, when I get back home I'll need to give the Snap-On man my first born. ugh.
              BLOZ UP.com

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: They're just sitting there, all rusty and stuff. One was off an 88T with 250K miles, one was 120K miles but both have shaft play and obviously need rebuilds. I was planning on selling them each on ebay bacause people have been telling me honda guys love them and should bid them up pretty good. I think steve88t told me he sold them for over $200.

More money is always nice, but if you are interested PM me and we can work something out.
                yeah Ive sold a few td05h turbo's from dsm on ebay that really needed rebuilds for atleast 300 a piece
                1984 300zx Ae Turbo(under repair...)
                1989 240sx rb20(daily driver)

Comment

Fleabay is awesome for used up worthless parts. I've sold a half dozen nissan turbos and made a killing on each. I was even honest about the condition of them.

Twin T25/28's would be pimp. I'd love to do a twin T25 on my pathy.

/me inserts ANOTHER thing to the list of shit to do.
                  Attached Files
                  http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

2 .48's woud spool decent, as long as there on a rather high flow Setup...

12.88 @ 114 mph.. in a 91 maxima at 14 psi

Comment

Maxmaxima91 wrote: 2 .48's woud spool decent, as long as there on a rather high flow Setup...
                      Even if the setup flows well, it has the most to do with the simple amount of air the engine is moving and how it is tuned. You can't push more air to spool a turbine than that which your engine is capable of moving at 0 vac and a given RPM, but I agree that optimizing the manifold design will help some with that low end. I can make boost come up 300rpm sooner easily by putting in a timing and fuel valley around the spool point, but the car won't actually accelerate any faster because of it.

I still think the little 16G is well-matched for a 1.5L effective engine displacement with .85 Ev and 7K redline, and that would be a very inexpensive setup (with under $600 for the turbochargers) that would have a good spoolup RPM as well as very little lag.
                      Attached Files

Comment

im just saying... The calculated spool time isnt always what actually happens.. With my turbo for example.. Yes its huge and but it still spools Before it theoretically should. you average turbo setups are usually not all that high flow. Factory ones are especially not high flow. Therefore.. yes i understand you point, but also please understand mine. A .48 t3 on a 1.5 liter honda is often considered to small and usually upgraded to a .63. Thats half the engine we have.. its VE is a little better but not that much.

12.88 @ 114 mph.. in a 91 maxima at 14 psi

Comment

I think I am going to try this after all...
                          BLOZ UP.com

Comment

Working...
                          X