No announcement yet.

Bolt in LSX engine mounts for the Z31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this and got my order in asap ! Guess I better knock the dust off my build thread lol . Can't say thank you enough dude !
    1999 jeep Cherokee ome lift, JK rubicons on 265/70 general grabbers, rust and some other crap bolted to it wheeler/dailydriver/partshauler/camper
    1987 z31 2+2 5.3 lsx t56 swap in progress and some other things that im to lazy to type in

Comment

Originally posted by 530zx View Post
      I just saw this and got my order in asap ! Guess I better knock the dust off my build thread lol . Can't say thank you enough dude !
      No problem man. I look forward to seeing your results
      Originally posted by Racinjitter
      :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
      ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

I totally forgot that Dirty Dingo was closed today . So asking about possible D21/WD21 testing will have to wait until Monday. But I will keep you guys posted on what becomes of that possibility.
        :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -

Comment

Hey guys I'm wondering what you used for a tranny?
          I want to use a t56, but I'd like to find a cheaper alternatives.
          The mounts look awesome keep up the good work!

Comment

There's some listed in post #33 of this thread.

Comment

There's some listed in post #33 of this thread.

Comment

What did you guys do about wiring harnesses? Is there one or a z31 to an LS?

Comment

I personally ditched the Z31 harness all together. Minus the lights, wipers, locks & windows. A stand alone or OEM LSX PCM/ECU is a must to control the LSX.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I opted to ditch the factory engine harness as well, but im using my megasquirt since its already wired up
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

Sorry to bump a 1.5 year old thread but i have a few questions that i couldn't find answers to on the previous pages.

I have a FS5R30A trans from a z31 that i am wanting to use. What adapter plate and flywheel did you use? I'm guessing the trans you are using is a FS5R30A but is it from a z31 or z32?

Also i know you said you had only verified that the mounts work on an NA crossmember but you said you might try it on a turbo crossmember. were you ever able to see if it would work on the turbo crossmember?
                        if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Comment

Originally posted by edizzle89 View Post
                          Sorry to bump a 1.5 year old thread but i have a few questions that i couldn't find answers to on the previous pages.

I have a FS5R30A trans from a z31 that i am wanting to use. What adapter plate and flywheel did you use? I'm guessing the trans you are using is a FS5R30A but is it from a z31 or z32?

Also i know you said you had only verified that the mounts work on an NA crossmember but you said you might try it on a turbo crossmember. were you ever able to see if it would work on the turbo crossmember?
                          I used a LOJ adapter kit to mount my Z32 FS5R30A unit behind the LS. As for my flywheel I now have a custom twin disc clutch/ flywheel setup made by clutchmasters.

There's now more than just LOJ that offer adapter plates/flywheels that will achieve the same goal. But the Z31 FS5R30A will not work untouched. You'll need to use the Z32 bellhousing. There's no starter that'll work with the Z31 bellhousing to my knowledge. This had been covered here
                          https://z31performance.com/forum/mar...ap-kit-for-z31

I never got around to actually checking fitment while using the turbo crossmember. Personally I'd opt for an n/a to keep things simple. I believe the turbo crossmember will complicate things IMO.

Comment

Also using the LOJ kit with a z32 trans, the dirty dingo mounts won't work with a turbo crossmember, the mount will not slide back far enough on the driver side.
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

I dont think i saw it mentioned anywhere earlier but what headers work with this swap?
                              if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Comment

Originally posted by edizzle89 View Post
                                I dont think i saw it mentioned anywhere earlier but what headers work with this swap?
                                For N/A several have had success with Patriot Block huggers & slighty modified hooker block huggers.

Comment

Working...
                                X