Bolt in LSX engine mounts for the Z31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onefast87 View Post
    Also using the LOJ kit with a z32 trans, the dirty dingo mounts won't work with a turbo crossmember, the mount will not slide back far enough on the driver side.
    With the turbo Xmember it sounds like the L side mounting platform has to be extended rearwards. I wonder by how much assuming the height stays the same because it would be better to do this before trying to fit the engine. If no one knows I'll find out in a few months.

Comment

Pretty sure the NA crossmember mounts are even with each other
      if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Comment

Also Nismo Kid i was wondering of you could repost the pictures that show the oil pan loaction. Looks like all the original pictures were lost in the photobucket-ocalypse. I was looking at the 'muscle car oil pan kit' and clearance wise it should clear the crossmember and rack with no problem due to having similar dimensions as the 98-02 f-body pan but the sump is 2.5" deeper the the F-body pan and i dont want to have the pan hang down too low

Comment

Originally posted by edizzle89 View Post
          Pretty sure the NA crossmember mounts are even with each other
          Thanks, anyone able to verify that? I live in the sticks, mine is the only Z31 for miles.

Comment

Originally posted by 260DET View Post

Thanks, anyone able to verify that? I live in the sticks, mine is the only Z31 for miles.
            here is a picture of the 2 of them. the top being NA and the bottom being the turbo crossmember, you can see the right (driver) side mount is moved forward on the turbo one

Comment

Thanks heaps ediizzle89.

Comment

Originally posted by edizzle89 View Post
                Also Nismo Kid i was wondering of you could repost the pictures that show the oil pan loaction. Looks like all the original pictures were lost in the photobucket-ocalypse. I was looking at the 'muscle car oil pan kit' and clearance wise it should clear the crossmember and rack with no problem due to having similar dimensions as the 98-02 f-body pan but the sump is 2.5" deeper the the F-body pan and i dont want to have the pan hang down too low
                The F-body pan fits perfect. I highly recommend using them. If the pan is deeper than the F-body pan its going to hang below the crossmember. Here's a couple pics I'll upload more when I get home from work tonight.
                Originally posted by Racinjitter
                :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Here's 2 more old pics
                  :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -

Comment

thanks for the pictures!

and it is becoming really difficult to find an F-body pan without buying new

Comment

sorry to keep bugging you for pictures nismo kid but do you happen to have any of the header/exhaust fitment?

Comment

Well i got my 4.8 set in and bolted down to the Z last week. I was able to make the Dirty Dingo mounts work with the turbo crossmember. I used a SBC LS conversion mount from ICT Billet on the driver side to get the mount offset enough froward to reach the pedestal on the turbo crossmember. Had to do some minor modifications to the Dirty Dingo mount on that side as well. I dont have good pictures of the mount on that side but i can get some and post them later.

Comment

• Dunkine
                          Dunkine commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks good in there. What transmission are you using?

• edizzle89
                          edizzle89 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm using the G-force adapter plate to a z31 fs5r30a with a z32 bellhousing. The kit is made for a z32 N/A trans mostly just for the starter location.

Awesome edizzle89!

Comment

I also thought i could maybe get away with using the 'muscle car oil pan kit' that they sell for LS engines since i was having a hard time finding a F-body pan. I should have just kept looking though because after mounting the engine it was very clear that the muscle car pan wouldnt work, it sits ~ 2 inches below the bottom of the crossmember and ~2 inches off the ground, that's just asking for trouble.

After doing some research and using my internet skills i was able to get a new f-body pan, pickup tube, windage tray, dipstick and dipstick tube for $240 which isn't too bad compared to the price of most new pans and not a whole lot more then getting them used. I got the pan and pickup from advance auto using a 30% off coupon code (it only lets you take a max of $50 off, but if you order each individually you can use the code on both orders). Then i got the dipstick and tube from Summit, and the windage tray on amazon. It would be hard to get all those parts for any cheaper then that. I should also be able to sell my muscle car pan and recoup some of that money.

Comment

I'm going to have to rework my numbers now and see if that adapter plate will be close enough to a NA2T swap to go the LS route instead. It's $400 cheaper than the one I was looking at.

https://crossmembers.com/product/ls-to-z32-adapter-kit/

LS to Z32 Adapter Kit

Comment

That is the one i am using and it went together pretty well. Seems like a good product so far

Comment

Working...
                              X