Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s2 schnieder (sp? lol) cams and emissions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 schnieder (sp? lol) cams and emissions...

I am getting ready to finish up my NA>T swap and I have decided that emissions matter (doh!). I have a set of these cams and basically I want to know if anyone is using these and knows if it is going to affect emissions enough to fail a vehicle. It definately passes 100% perfect as it is in NA form.

If they have an adverse effect then I will just not swap the heads they are in, that would be a relief and a heartache at the same time =(
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

That was my concern as well ... however I do know of a few shops in Houston that will "help" you pass inspection for a minimal fee.

Comment

It is just getting harder and harder on us to go that route. All these stupid smog things on the side of the road and so forth... I just wanted to make it as simple and legal as possible =/ Just don't want to do a full top end swap for something that is gonna fuck me on smog. If all else fails I'll get some of those names from you =P
      Daily:
      09 2.5SL Altima Grey
      Z31s:
      88t Grey
      86t Pewter

Comment

Years ago, I ran these cams on my 88na:

I failed emissions pretty miserably without a cat but the shop believes I would've passed with one.

I am keeping my 87T as emissions legal as possible ... and with A/C intact this time. It just gets too hot around here in the summer.

Comment

yeah, I think I can pass emissions but I will have to keep the cam gears at the default... Sadly even running lean can fuck up your emissions. The woman's car was off like 8 deg on timing and failed so bad... Bought a timing light and set it at factory 15btdc and bam, lowest numbers the guy had seen in a few years =) So I guess it really is an overall thing, I suppose if they don't pass I'll deal with it when the time comes.
          Daily:
          09 2.5SL Altima Grey
          Z31s:
          88t Grey
          86t Pewter

Comment

find somone you can trust to sell your car to for a $1 and run a 60 day temp and then buy it back when that 60days is up. you can do that as long as you need to until you can get it to pass.

I do that with my fiance because there is no way in hell my car would pass emmisions(that and they are supposed to be doing away with emmisions in denver anyways). I will probably be running temp tags until there are no longer emmisions in denver.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Collectors Plates own!

No Emissions for me
              2005 whore magnet

Comment

We have no emissions either way... but I was considering getting a historic vehicle plate just for the savings on insurance.

Comment

Working...
                X