GT3271 appears to be a good choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT3271 appears to be a good choice

I spent the last evenings with tuning the bins and found a nice but save presetup. My turbo-selection, the Garett GT3271, appears to be a lucky one. I want to recommend it to you. I would consider it as a good alternative to the popular T3/T4(stage3)-setup. I Would guess/estimate that Top performance is comparable but spool up is much earlier. I you start accelerating from very low rpms in fifth gear you reach 12 psi@2500U and 15psi@2800U. And it holds easily 20psi on top.

Further advantages:

- good price: about $600
    - easy to fit: very few custom fitting work
    - Twin-Split Turbine-Inlet (like our manifold)
    - enough space at the compressor inlet side to fit a 70mm samco-90°-bow so you can make an elegant solution for the AFM and filter.

I have prepared some installation-photos but i am not able to upload it at redz31/coppermine. Whenever i try it says ´upload failure´. Jason maybe you can help me?.

if you need some pictures hosted email them to me jon at untraceable.org
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

Comment

Very cool, I would really like lowend spool like that for city driving.

If coppermine won't upload the pictures, first make sure they are jpegs and sized 1024x768 or smaller. Also, you can send me the pictures if you have not already and I can do it. There is an auto-resize function in coppermine, but it does not seem to work.

Comment

where can I find the turbo for $600? Thanks.
        2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Whats the spool like in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear? Sounds good so far.

Comment

sorry for late reply. was on a short holiday trip in italy:

@stinky: 1St: 15psi@~4000
            2nd:15psi@~3500
            3rd: 15psi@~3100

(i want to make a little onboard-meters video as soon as i found my camera-charging cable again)

@Signal 12: Hmm, i cannot remember any more, but its $675 at ATP and ATP is not the cheapest.
            http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merch ... y_Code=BCS

@Jason: Even after Downsizing to 1024 x 768 it does not work. I will post you allot of emails with all the photos attached with the beg to upload ti to coppermine for me.

Comment

you missed sucka

Comment

Just remove "thumb_" from each file name, and use the img tags rather than the url tags.
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

nobody is allowed to laugh about me !!!!! As you can see i am not very familiar with details like uploading photos into a forum :-)

Comment

Very good information there, thanks for taking the time to upload and post it all up! That turbo seems like a very good choice for people wanting to keep stock T3-like spoolup and still be able to make 400+hp with increased boost.

Comment

If you want good turbo pricing I know a guy in florida named Alex and he sells rebuilds and new -- his number is 305 220 9997 at the shop. I'll call him later and get a proper price from him for the 3271. Just Tell him Mark said to call and he'll give you a good deal. He's been very good to me and very helpful so I'm returning the favor.
                      8.5 custom arias pistons (.020 over)
                      eagle rods
                      t70 turbo (man was that a squeeze)
                      38 mm external wastegate
                      mild port/polish
                      3 angle valve job
                      custom intercooler piping
                      twin external intakes with z32 maf
                      rad moved back
                      3" exhaust with only a resonator
                      romulator
                      420cc injectors
                      custom body work, homemade oil lines and fittings..
                      walbro 255lph in-line fuel pump.... and lots of headaches... lol

Comment

t70 wrote: If you want good turbo pricing I know a guy in florida named Alex and he sells rebuilds and new -- his number is I use a guy in Florida who rebuilds them and also sells new ones too... He's in miami and his name is Alex, his number 305 220 9997 at the shop
                        I don't think that could be anymore redundant, well done

Comment

Wow man that really sounds like exactly what I am looking for...yeah there is some custom work to be done but hell...the spool up sounds mighty nice!

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
                          1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
                          1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
                          2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
                          2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
                            Originally posted by t70
                            If you want good turbo pricing I know a guy in florida named Alex and he sells rebuilds and new -- his number is I use a guy in Florida who rebuilds them and also sells new ones too... He's in miami and his name is Alex, his number 305 220 9997 at the shop
                            I don't think that could be anymore redundant, well done
                            Oops... i frigged up the editing.. Wanted to word it better than i had it and forgot to erase the middle.. stupid... oh well. anyhow... I called Alex and he's getting me a price... will edit post when i get it

edit -- he will have a price for me tomorrow..
                            8.5 custom arias pistons (.020 over)
                            eagle rods
                            t70 turbo (man was that a squeeze)
                            38 mm external wastegate
                            mild port/polish
                            3 angle valve job
                            custom intercooler piping
                            twin external intakes with z32 maf
                            rad moved back
                            3" exhaust with only a resonator
                            romulator
                            420cc injectors
                            custom body work, homemade oil lines and fittings..
                            walbro 255lph in-line fuel pump.... and lots of headaches... lol

Comment

Working...
                            X