turbo injector lower pads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo injector lower pads??

i'm in the process of swapping in a set of turbo injectors/rail [84-86 style] into my remote turbo project...i noticed the plastic "pads" on the bottom of the injectors where the hold down bolts pass through, is a square shape as opposed to the n/a type which were a circle...can i reuse the circle type because i cant seem to get the square to sit flush in the lower intakes notched location??thx,mike.

Those are a there as a space/isolator....not a big deal.
    *Have a bench grinder?...modify what you have.
    8)
    I am here to help...

Comment

All of the Z31's have the square type spacers as far as I know, never seen round.

As long as the injectors sit at the correct height they should be fine, so I agree... Grind or shim where needed.

Comment

yeah,my n/a injectors are from a vg30 200sxSE..differant application...thanks for the pad info.

Comment

I disagree, my 86na came with round spacers for the holddowns

Comment

i have em all

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

All the 86 NAs I have seen come with the round spacers. There are a couple things you can do. On my car, I used the square spacers and cut about 1/3 of them off with a hack saw so that they fit the 86 NA manifold mounting points. You could also swap to a manifold that the turbo injectors came off of. I did a NA to T swap for a friend of mine and we just took the injector hold-downs from his NA injectors and swapped them over to the turbo ones. This allowed us to use the round spacers with his old manifold and new injectors. The holddowns are easy to remove, just a snp ring holding them to the injectors.
              13.729 @ 102.90
              http://z31.com/board/print_profile.php3?user_id=872

Comment

I bought a used top feed rail + manifold and it came with square pads & 1 piece injector hold down with snap ring. My 87T came with round spacers and a 2 piece hold down, no snap ring.

I ended up using the 2 piece hold down + round spacer with top feed rail for my mb 420cc injectors. Seems to hold it pretty snug.

Comment

i was going to grind down the square lands as was suggested ...but decided to try the rounds anyway....worked out fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X